UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

Am going to Goa - should be good. Although I was invited to the Maldives in January and I had to turn it down - can't afford two so close together. Am a bit gutted as I've wanted to go diving in the Maldives ever since I qualified as a diver, but I put my sensible head on and turned it down.

The computers are down at work today - it's a total nightmare. Am having to hand write all my records - this isn't a problem, the problem comes when we get to the end of the day and I have a massive stack of records to put onto the computer (that's if it's working!)

It seems to be the standard thing here to walk your dogs beside busy roads without a lead. I see so many people doing it every day. If challenged the owners reply that their dogs are well trained and they trust them not to run off. I just roll my eyes because of course anything can happen that could make a dog bolt. As far as I am aware it's against the law not to have your dog/s on a lead within a built up area/town. If not on a lead they can't be under your control.

There is a police appeal in my local paper to find the owner of a dog who was walking it off lead through the middle of town when it bit a man. I would have liked to have seen a statement from the police about this practice of walking dogs off-lead because if something isn't policed people just carry on doing it.

When it comes to large open areas where dogs are allowed to be off-lead I am all for it. Dogs need to run and have some freedom but they need to be in a safe area to do so.

I see dogs s off lead walking along a pavement here all the time with their owners 15-20 feet behind them

Actually it is against the law its in the latest version of the animal welfare act, a fact I keep pointing out to the PCSO's who walk around so hopefully something can be done about it. Am sure there is a you tube clip of Trevor Cooper explaining it somewhere, possibly at crufts or supervet Noels big dog event..

• Like 1

What a day! Computers eventually decided to play ball at about 3pm. Am absolutely shattered now. Just want to go home and sleep, but I've got a quick gym session, then am on Guinea pig duty. I think Blue will cope without seeing me tonight, so after I've fed the Guinea pig, I can go home and rest.

Today's numpty: on the main road through town, it's a really busy one especially in the hight of the tourist season, which is now, a man with a spaniel off-lead. The dog was trotting 5 yds ahead of him and the man didn't stop the dog at the kerb just called the dog to cross with him during a lull in the traffic. I'd just crossed the road myself with Archie and met my S-i-L on the other side. We both stood there aghast at this stupidity. :banghead: :banghead:

Hiya Alex, good to see you!!!!! oooooo your roofer sounds awesome...as in a frank spencer type awesome Lol hope he makes good all the damage he has caused

Jazz, can you not get the Dr out if you aren't well enough to attend your appointment

Yantan, nowt so stupid as humans....dog will pay the price though...sadly

Hi Owl, pleased you are having a quiet week

Well this has been an interesting day! OH dropped me off at 8.30 for my appointment for a blood pressure check and went on his way to way. BP was fine, but had a good chat about other health related stuff, just got outside the surgery and my phone buzzed...OH saying could I try and get him an urgent appointment, he couldn't see properly out of his left eye. They put him in a sit and wait slot and luckily he saw his own GP, who rang the eye clinic at the Royal and got him shoehorned into a 1.30 appointment, so I drove him there (ow my poor leg!) and waited while he was shunted around various places, had photos taken of his eye etc. It's a bleed at the back of the eye, nothing more serious thank heavens and will clear on it's own. He's certainly not going to work for the next two days as when he looks at a screen he can't read a thing! My leg doesn't like me very much at the moment, I'm retiring to lie down and convince it to behave.