UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

I used litter tray liners once. Never again. I got the plastic ones and when they were digging to cover up their mess, the litter tray liners were dug up, their claws tore holes in them and it was an absolute nightmare. I have tried various different litters over the last 18 months. The best one I have found is the TESCO premium cat litter. It's a clumping cat litter, so you scoop the poo and wee clumps out once a day and then change the litter every week/10 days. We have tried non clumping cat litter (where the wee just gets absorbed, but stays there until you empty the tray). Walter didn't like that and I found it smelled more.

Eventually got to my next stop - am sure it cost me far more than it should have done, but I just wanted to get here (after being on a bus for 6 hours, I would have given my whole life savings to get here!!)

Yeah here's another one that didn't find tray liners at all useful. Whatever you do don't put their trays anywhere near their food. It can trigger behavioural problems because cats are fastidiously clean and don't like to eat near their toilet. Well who does!

Edited coz I iz a numptee

Edited by Yantan

You also need one litter tray more than the number of cats you have. I have 4 - one in the bathroom, one on the landing, one under the dining table (that's a hooded one and I never eat at the dining table) and one next to the kitchen bin.

A tip for you jazz - use compost instead of litter. Lighter to carry, cats prefer it (in my experience), easier to dispose of and much cheaper. You can pick the poo out and put it in the compost bin (if you have one) or else in the dustbin.

Are they going outside Jazz?

I am another in the litter liner is a bad idea!

I think I am a bad mummy, our cats go out, ee have one hooded litter tray and it's rather near their food! They only use it in desperation as they prefer our garden!!

Have I missed photos of the cats?

I am in a youth hostel at kings cross so I can catch a train to Lyon in the morning. I thought it would be easier than staying at my sister. I was wrong. Very wrong. I like a room on my own, I know this so why am I sharing a room with 5 Japanese strangers...who are all doing god knows what when I really need to be sleeping!!

Morning.

It's the 4th of July so I have just sent my American friend a "happy traitors day you ungrateful colonials" message.

Murtle Ruby was stuck in a hotel all weekend with bus loads of Chinese and Japanese tourists. Very noisy ones.