UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jawing

Jazz

Well done Griff, hope that's the first good sleep of many!

Very posh Yantan...I like Oxford blue. Our front door is a wooden one, and it's purple. Very purple, as is our side door. I've had many compliments on it and the dog groomer says don't ever change it, it's the only way she remembers which house is ours!

I seriously think I'm losing it. I spent ages looking for my mobile before doing the logical thing and ringing it from the house phone, then I remembered I'd put it on charge, but not where I usually plug it in. Later I was looking for house phone..nope. Did the phone ring in reverse and found it where I'd put it down, when I picked up my mobile. I've got a medication review thing at the surgery this morning, I think I may have to ask for some dried frog pills, they did wonders for the Bursar (hoping someone else is a Pratchett fan!)

Hope you aren't too achey today after your lifting session Suzeanna :wink: :)

Glad you cleared the air with the guy Griff :)

Good luck with the eye test Alex :)

I get excited about stuff like that too Marion :)

Well, it was my little brother's wedding yesterday - had a really lovely day. The rain held off so they could get married outside (although it was a bit cold and windy!). Ended up chatting to the videographer quite a bit - he's 35, single and loves travelling :biggrin: He's just got back from Bali, so we spent time chatting about Bali and where to go etc :) He's a friend of my brother, so I managed to Facebook stalk and add him last night after a few red wines (and he accepted). He did offer me a lift home too, but mum and dad's friends had volunteered to give me a lift home, so I had to go with them :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I foresee a hat buying session at this rate!

I'm seeing Evie tomorrow although because of the house being painted her mummy and I decided to meet up somewhere for afternoon tea but just where will depend on the weather. She loved her dresses that I bought her and insisted on wearing the butterfly one from Friday when it was delivered until the Sunday.

• Like 1

Oh heck Suzeanna...i am horrific with remembering where i have put stuff and it is even worse when someone says remember to do something

Yantan...i don't think you are sad, it sounds very very posh to me

Lol well done Gooster!!!! see i would have been fine with a couple of pints in me, i would have just come out with it but sober....i am a coward. Must admit though...i would have binned the parents mates off and legged it with him !!!!

Been to the Drs and have been given sleeping pills for a few days, hopefully that will sort me out

I was showing my age by calling the EU the EEC wasn't I? I'm blaming lack of sleep and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It's raining here so the windows aren't getting painted today after all. It was like the bloomin' Med here yesterday too. Such a turnaround.

Archie's gone up Whinlatter with the DW. He has paint on the tip of his tail :rolleyes:

Edited because of a numpty moment.

Could be worse you could have said the Common Market which de Gaul kept us out of for 10 years (great way of thanking a nation for saving his country only a couple of decades earlier)

Moaning :tired:

As for Sturgeon, she won't call another referendum unless she is certain she will win. She can't afford to lose another referendum. I personally think Scotland is more powerful as part of an independent Great Britain than it is on its own as part of the EU.

Younger people are saying that older people have robbed them of their future. With age comes wisdom. We haven't stupidly gambled with their future - it's because we want a better future for the generations who follow. I wonder whether a lot of them voted remain because they have never known anything else and are scared of change. Either way, everybody needs to pull together now to shape a new future. I personally feel as if a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

What gets my goat is those like Alistair Campbell who said that we should never have had a referendum. How arrogant to believe that the opinion of the ordinary man doesn't matter, only what the politicians want. I was gobsmacked yesterday when he said that people who voted leave were from "little northern towns" and probably had never voted. Patronising asswipe.

suzeanna - step away from Google, it's not your friend :GroupHug:

Hmm Scotland voted to remain part of the UK but when the UK outvotes them on another matter Sturgeon throws her toys out of the pram, its called democracy dear, learn to embrace it.

And if they hold another referendum north of the border can we have one as well asking if we want to keep them if they lose that one too :D ?

• Like 2

Dog we sterilised from out of our normal area last week died suddenly last weekend after some odd symptoms and we performed a post mortem rabies test today ( I learnt how to do that in Malawi ) and it was positive

everyone who has been in contact with the dog is now have boosters and titre testing

Makes all our work really worthwhile and brings it all home

I'm sure things will stabilise, hopefully fairly quickly. I can't agree with your opinion of Boris though...I think he's a very sharp cookie, deliberately giving the impression of being otherwise. I was reading his sister's account of their childhood, they certainly were encouraged to stand on their own two feet pretty young. He's cleverer than Cameron and as for various comments about his hairstyle..did you see his dad on tv? The apple didn't fall far from the tree there! Interested to see some Labour MP's have tabled a vote of no confidence in Corbyn, could be all change in both parties.

I'm rather disturbed by the vitriol being poured out on Facebook by people who voted Remain against those who didn't. Apparently we are a bunch of f***ing idiots, morons, losers, ignorant and those are the nice descriptions. Certainly made me look at a few people I know in a different light, didn't realise that under a pleasant façade festered someone like that. My husband will be severing one friendship after reading what was posted by someone he considered he knew well.

Disgraceful that people are being shunned, shamed or otherwise abused for daring to have an opinion of their own - it's called democracy & is what millions lost their lives fighting for us to be able to enjoy. Though fortunately he survived it my own Grandad fought in the battle of the Somme when little more than a boy. I agree with you entirely on the vitriol aspect and the economy stabilising again. Nothing to do with his hair (& I haven't even seen his Dad's) nor his intelligence level but I just cant take Boris seriously or see him as a Prime Minister I'm afraid.

As to Jeremy Corbyn I'm probably in the same camp as I am with David Cameron. He & Cameron together - Leaders who had roughly 2/3 of the votes cast between them at the last election (so around 44% of the country backing them between them before we started the campaign) failed to carry a majority of their own party supporters with them. Can he really expect anything other than to go? ........... and yet I fear any suggested replacement so far is probably going to be even worse for their party.

I can't see either Tom Watson or Angela Eagle as the next Labour Leader, let alone PM. Tony Blair & even David Milliband are probably out of the picture so who is there to replace him credibly?

I hope your symptoms prove far less serious than you've initially feared!

Edited by Ian

Morning.

Am I officially sad because I am excited about getting our front door changed from a maroon to blue? Oxford blue to be precise.

Can't say I'd get excited personally but nevertheless I don't think it necessarily sad either. Some may think it's a political statement / colour though, ha ha

Has anybody else read about the Brock Turner rape case? It's absolutely infuriating the sentence he was given. He will spend a few months in prison (if that) before being sent home on probation. You can read his victim's statement on this link. It's very very powerful stuff (be prepared to be in tears). Just as outrageous is his father's comment: "It's a steep price to pay for twenty minutes of action". Guess the class system is alive and well in America :mad:

He got six months (is that anything like our system meaning he'll serve about half of that too?) when prosecution wanted 6 years & he's appealing? He might just find that backfires & he gets longer. I wonder which University that Judge went to?

Disgraceful that people are being shunned, shamed or otherwise abused for daring to have an opinion of their own - it's called democracy & is what millions lost their lives fighting for us to be able to enjoy. Though fortunately he survived it my own Grandad fought in the battle of the Somme when little more than a boy. I agree with you entirely on the vitriol aspect and the economy stabilising again. Nothing to do with his hair (& I haven't even seen his Dad's) nor his intelligence level but I just cant take Boris seriously or see him as a Prime Minister I'm afraid.

As to Jeremy Corbyn I'm probably in the same camp as I am with David Cameron. He & Cameron together - Leaders who had roughly 2/3 of the votes cast between them at the last election (so around 44% of the country backing them between them before we started the campaign) failed to carry a majority of their own party supporters with them. Can he really expect anything other than to go? ........... and yet I fear any suggested replacement so far is probably going to be even worse for their party.

I can't see either Tom Watson or Angela Eagle as the next Labour Leader, let alone PM. Tony Blair & even David Milliband are probably out of the picture so who is there to replace him credibly?

I hope your symptoms prove far less serious than you've initially feared!

On one forum I am on the hate and vitriol being aimed at all those whose voted leave is disgraceful. Leave voters are all fascists but the remainers can dole out insults against leavers- that's okay. Not in my book. To me they are no better than those who are now targetting those from other countries. In fact their outpourings are probably stoking the fires.

Two posters are no longer communicating with their mother / parents because they voted to leave. One justified this as if they had sided with the third reich they would have shunned them.

People seem to have lost all reason.

My family voted in different ways for their own reasons but that hasn't affected our relationship. I brought my family up to be tolerant and respectful of others.

• Like 1