UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

Hope the weather improves Sam - must be a shock to the system coming back to that after Malawi. How is your housekeeper now? Hope she is all recovered now :flowers:

Malawi was actually quite cold at times ! mind you I am used to plus 30 now so most places feel cold to me !!!

Srima is fully recovered from her Dengue , luckily the countries leading Dengue hospital is close by so medical care is pretty good

• Like 1

Glad your housekeeper is better Sam, is dengue something you can get more than once, or will that be it for her? Hope you manage to stay dry.

Good to hear you had a better night's sleep Griff, I was awake for about an hour and a half at 2, but not too bad. The tablets haven't given me the gallops, I think the paracetamol are balancing them out but I do seem to have developed thrush which was another thing they warn you about on the leaflet. Not much point in doing anything about it until I finish the ab's, but then I'll be off to the chemist for some Canestan. It doesn't look good to walk the dog down the street scratching you know where!

Lol Sorry Suzeanna but that made me absolutely howl!!!! i know how uncomfortable thrush is, when you go to boots you will be given the spanish inquisition.... i had my inquisition in front of the whole queue...and when you have to list your meds....hilarious!!!

Oh no! Hope it clears up after the course has finished Suzeanna :flowers:

Glad Srima is better now Sam :)

Have felt a bit ropey today. Been a bit headachey and my neck had felt a bit stiff, not like I've pulled something, but poorly feeling if that makes sense. Feel really tired as well. Thankfully I'm off work tomorrow, so can have a lie in. Although my tumble dryer man is coming tomorrow, so he's bound to come first thing :rolleyes:

Glad your housekeeper is better Sam, is dengue something you can get more than once, or will that be it for her? Hope you manage to stay dry.

Good to hear you had a better night's sleep Griff, I was awake for about an hour and a half at 2, but not too bad. The tablets haven't given me the gallops, I think the paracetamol are balancing them out but I do seem to have developed thrush which was another thing they warn you about on the leaflet. Not much point in doing anything about it until I finish the ab's, but then I'll be off to the chemist for some Canestan. It doesn't look good to walk the dog down the street scratching you know where!

I can sympathise, suzeanna. I have been on ab's on and off since January because of recurring UTI.

i ended up with both UTI and thrush at the same time. The tablet- prescribed by my GP- sorted the thrush out but it recurred after the next course of ab's.

This time I was prescribed the pessary and cream as it was local treatment rather than a tablet going through my whole body.

You can buy Canstan in our local Tesco without the Spanish inquisition.

I am now on a nightly dose of ab's for 3 months but a low dose to try to avoid getting thrush again. One month in and so far no problems with either condition.

Morning all

Jayne, hope today sees you feeling better

Blackmagic, i hope your antibiotics keep your infection at bay...without making you uncomfortable!!

Suzeanna, i prefer my local pharmacy too

didn't sleep well at all.....i saw steve yesterday and i am vey very confused, i feel he is taking the p*ss for whatever reason so at least i don't need to see him for a bit.then i got phonecall from the guy doing the units for the bathroom and one of the units is damaged so will now have to wait until he can fin out when he can get one....not sure what happens now