UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mutterings

merledogs

Moving Friday, day after tomorrow. All good to go. Buyers happy for me to move fish tanks and garden stuff the next day.

Sister coming tomorrow until Sat. Friend coming to help with tanks on Sat. Getting there!

Buyers say don't panic and don't worry about cleaning as they have lots of friends and relatives helping to get them settled in.

• Like 1

Got all brain work done first. Have transferred house and car insurance, boiler cover, pet insurance, car breakdown cover, gas, electric, water. Just need to phone in meter readings tomorrow. Can't do TV licensing as their online form doesn't work, so emailed them. DVLA stuff can be done by post once I have moved.

Everything else is just packing, with a couple of tip runs. Sister should be here soon to help.

Well done Owl, you are getting there :flowers:

I've been doing a bit of genealogy research as I discovered some records that weren't online last time I was really into genealogy 10 -12 years ago. In 1875 my 2xgreat grandfather, Bernard, was suspended from work for 3 days for being drunk on duty. He was a railway engine driver :huh:

In 1874 his father, Thomas, also an engine driver, died whilst driving his train and bizarrely in 1887 Bernard also died whilst driving his train. I need to look through old newspaper reports of the time to see if they contain further information.