UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Morning.

Owl - I lived the first year of my life at a crematorium/cemetery.

Jazz - by my calculations, if you are 5'0, a sensible BMI range of 20-25 would mean you should be between 7st 4lbs and 9st 2lbs. Even that is subjective - but is certainly not 6st 7lbs - nooooooooooo.

Me - plodding on

• Like 1

My late step-mum was 5ft 2" and classed as severely underweight at 6 stone. She didn't have an eating disorder, actually ate like a horse, had every test available results of which all were within normal parameters. She just couldn't put weight on no matter how hard she tried. Sometimes her weight would fall to 5-and-a-half stone for no apparent reason. She looked like she'd just come out of a concentration camp.

Archie and I got our walk in in between burst of heavy rain. Hurrah! It ain't half nissin it down now though.

Alex how's Timmy getting on?

Marion my ex husband was like that. He was 6ft and couldn't get over 13 stone, looked skinny as a rake. Mind you he was ruddy hyperactive and could never sit still. Timmy is okay but there just seems something 'off' about him. I don't know whether it's me being paranoid or what. I'm still waiting for the vet to ring me with the results of his blood tests. Might give them a ring now.

Hmm not sure Yantan...dies did drink a fair bit but I think she had a thyroid issue...if you are going to go to the vets, measure the water out and then tip it back in the jug and keep a note of it....will save time as that's what they will want you to do, is he peeing more too?? If you are going to get the vet to check him take them a urine sample too

Jazz, hope you feel better soon

Merledogs, did you get hold of the vet?? Squishes for Timmy

Yantan, older dogs drinking more needs checking out.

Mrs B, I lived the first four years of my life at the Herts Institute of Agriculture. And I slept mostly in the cupboard under the stairs for the first year. Not a Harry Potter scenario but the safest place for a sproglet in 1943/44. Strange where we all start out.

• Like 1

Thanks Griff & Owl. Griff that's a great heads up :) I wouldn't have thought of doing all that. Archie isn't exactly drinking lots more water, it's just a little more than he usually does. I am planning on taking him to see the vet but have to work out how to get a sample from him now - he doesn't like anyone approaching him when he's having a wee and will just stop mid stream and run off to finish it where he can't be disturbed. I know about carrying a ladle! I think it was Snow that alerted me to that.

Alex, they say mothers have a gut feeling when something is wrong with their child, I think the same applies to savvy dog owners, so if you feel Timmy still isn't right, follow up on it. Marion, Dylan drank for Britain in the last months of his life, but the vet didn't find anything wrong with his kidneys. He was easy to get a sample from (Dylan, not the vet!) as he'd stand staring into space whilst he had a wee and didn't notice anything underneath him..including Rosie one unfortunate time.

I spent a boring four hours at the Emergency Management Unit at the local hospital yesterday, but for a change not for me, for OH. I won't go into the details, just let's say it was a problem that wouldn't affect a woman, and needed local anaesthetic and physical intervention by a young lady with a strong grip! :confused: Oh well, he got a day off work. He was told if the problem reoccurs, straight back to the hospital. Fingers crossed it won't, it wasn't a pleasant experience apparently.

Eeeeek your poor OH Suzeanna...lets hope it was a one time thing

I should say Yantan, tip the reamaining water into a jug at the end of the day when archie has finished drinking....it will just save a bit of time for you really, if you go with as much info immediately it will save you being sent away to do it.

Squiggies to dogs and their owners - please collect as required.

Owl - I do like the idea of you being the inspiration for Harry Potter. My Mother slept under the dining room table - it was/is the size of a new build house dining room, and very solid, but as she was in London, I wouldn't have thought I would really have wanted to put it's strength to the test.

Jazz - look after yourself.

Me - Cold in the office - it always goes cold around 11.00 am - but the sun is shining so perhaps it is time for a walk.