UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

it isn't bank holiday in england but it is is scotland i think

Pleased the sofa is more comfy Merledogs

Snow, our shopmobility is a couple of days notice at most...i know my nan used it a couple of times, a lady i know has got herself a hoist fitted in the back of her car so she can hoist her scooter in...amazing really

Testing. Not been able to post for a couple of days from the ipb app.

Got a phone call from dad today. I bought him a dash cam for Christmas. He phoned me up to tell me that it wasn't working and that it would have to go back. He then added that he'd read the reviews and it wasn't a very good one :angry: Tjat really annoyed and upset me. Fine, tell me it doesn't work and it faulty, but don't add a snide dig about how the present i'd bought for him (and thought a lot about) was crap :angry:

Awwww Gooster, that is really not nice...fine, tell you it doesn't work...i bought my dad one last christmas and it was pure crap..utter rubbish, he tried it said thanks and left it sat on the side...i chucked it out, he thanked me very much for the thought...he didn't turn round and say it was awful and he didn't chuck it out..i said it was awful and i chucked it out Lol. I just give them all cash now as i can't be bothered with trying to get something they like Lol

The ironic thing is that he moans about how my grandad is really ungrateful and moans about any present you buy him. He's just the same though :angry: I'll just drop the receipt off next time I'm passing and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Last year, I asked for a go pro camera for Christmas. I just wanted the entry level go pro hero. Anyway, I got a cheap knock off version that isn't anywhere near as good, doesn't hold its charge and isn't compatible with my Mac. Didn't say anything? No. I thanked them, bought a go pro myself and use the one they bought me as a back up (usually for my second dive as the battery only lasts for 1 hour)

Moaning - up all night again in pain :crying_anim02: due to go back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks Xmas leave feck knows if I'm going to be up to it or not I have decided to keep a track of the dates its kicking off etc. I had been pretty much pain free from 24th Dec until 3rd Jan no pills or anything needed in fact apart from it being my cycle I'd felt OK but last night nothing I did could ease the pain *sigh* Rob gave me a talking to this morning because I hadn't taken the codine I just have this irrational fear of getting addicted since there are warnings about addiction plastered all over the ruddy box along with don't drive if it makes you drowsy (yeah thats gonna enable me to get to work then *sigh*) but I'll start taking it today and see how I go. My scan is on Thursday so hopefully it won't be long until I have some idea wtf is happening to me.

snow, i have taken codeine on and off for years...i am not addicted in anyway, also it doesn't make me drowsy at all.....if you need it, take it!!!!! good luck with the scan

Gooster, next year...go poundshop christmas shopping for your dad lol, just buy him the biggest load of tat going and when he moans just say...well i put thought into gifts and you whinge so i couldn't be ar*ed Lol

Thanks guys I guess I'm worried because my mum took 8 co-codamol every single day for about 20 years she couldn't even start the day until she'd taken her first 2 it was the only thing that kept her going with her arthritis - I just don't want to end up the same way being dependent on pain meds, its daft I know that logically I should take the damned things and hope they take the pain away I'm OK at the moment but then I have been sat on my arse doing nothing all morning nervous about doing anything that'll set the fecking thing off again. Rob thinks I should go back to the Dr but I can't see the point until after the results of the scan on Thursday when we can talk about whatever it finds and where we go from there.

Hope the scan shows something they can sort easily for you Snow.

I went to the dr this morning as I've had a pain in my ribs for about a week now, thought I had pulled something coughing. Turns out I have a lung infection...ab's for a week, plus she told me to make an appt for a chest xray, to be on the safe side as my breast cancer could conceivably have spread. The letter the consultant sent to the oncologist did say possible vascular invasion. I'm pretty sure it wont be that...fingers crossed. Xray on Thursday at 10.50 and a week to wait for the results.