UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

Suzeanna, i am sure they will want you to have him..if not keep your eye on cardiff dogs home, they get tonnes of pups in, not enitrely sure on homecheck policies...i was looking at there when we got Kota

Owl, how awful about the fly tipping, people are just utter scumbags..really they are

Moaning :tired: Been awake since 2.45 am. Couldn't get back to sleep so thought I'd get up :tired: New sofa is arriving today so once I've taken the dogs out I need to dismantle and move this sofa and paint the wall behind where the new sofa is going (started decorating the living room yesterday - have done the door/frame and started on the walls).

Our bathroom looks fab now it's been redecorated. All nice and new and shiny again.

Does anyone know if you can get a stick on velcro that is suitable for fabric? I bought some self adhesive stuff of the extra strong variety but it turned out not to be suitable for fabric and the bottom just pulls away with the top when you go to release it. I can't use the iron on stuff as the fabric is not suitable for a hot iron.

I've taken the dogs out, painted the wall behind where the new sofa is going, dismantled and moved the existing sofa, cleaned the patio doors inside and out and hoovered :tired: What with yesterday's painting and spring cleaning and that lot this morning, my back is done in. Sofa should be here before 12 so once it arrives I'm going to have a nice cooked dinner (pork joint is in the oven) and then crash out on the sofa and have a nap :tired: I've got to somehow get enough strength up to help him carry the sofa in as well :rolleyes:

Our bathroom looks fab now it's been redecorated. All nice and new and shiny again.

Does anyone know if you can get a stick on velcro that is suitable for fabric? I bought some self adhesive stuff of the extra strong variety but it turned out not to be suitable for fabric and the bottom just pulls away with the top when you go to release it. I can't use the iron on stuff as the fabric is not suitable for a hot iron.

What do you want it for Marion? I am going to use some on the seat cushions of the new sofa. I bought the self adhesive 10cm thick stuff. I'm not going to rely on it sticking, I'm going to sew it on. Could you do the same? Know what you mean about the decorating, can't believe how much brighter the living room looks now.

Edited by merledogs

good luck with the sofa shifting merledogs

Yantan, i have sone really really strong velcro stuff here, will dig it out in a little bit and have a look, i bought 2 packs...short explanation...i wanted to attach a smoke detector with not using screws Lol

I want the velcro for Archie's new coat. I can't sew it coz it would compromise the waterproofing. It's a good fit everywhere except the belly band which fastens with velcro, which has been sewn on but before the fabric got folded over. I just need to extend the velcro by about an inch and a half and the velcro I got did that. However, as I said, it turns out to be the sort that's not suitable for fabric and so pulls away entirely from the fabric when you go to take the coat off. It cost me nearly £8 as well :mad: and I had to buy a metre of the stuff when I only wanted about 6 inches of it in total.

I am now thinking about pop rivets. I used to have a riveter but can't find that so if I have to buy another I probably will be out by ££'s what with that and the velcro.

I have just dug my velcro stuff out and it is only about 4 inches long and i don't think it would be suitable for fabric. I had to do the same as you, all i did was stick the velcro onto the belly strap and sewed it on....it wasn't attached to the coat in any way

Could you superglue the velcro to the coat Marian? That way it shouldn't pull off the fabric when you pull it apart.

Griff is it you who has several different mobility scooters? I test drove one yesterday which I liked but am umming and ahhing over which one to get and whether or not getting one is a good idea. I do not want to get lazy and dependant on a scooter, what I want is to be able to get out more than I have been doing but use the scooter to access places where I can then get off it and do some walking, what I'm finding is even with a blue badge there are still some places where car parking is a fair walk to and from the place where I want to walk which means I end up either not bothering or having to cut short the fun/nice part of the walk because I need to be aware of my limitations for the walk back to the car. I haven't been shopping to Cardiff in almost a year now because I simply cannot deal with all the walking and standing in the huge shopping malls - I spend more time sitting on the benches waiting for other people to go in the shops than I do shopping or browsing myself.

Sofa has arrived and is enormous. The dogs seem to like the matching footstool so I've thrown a fake fur throw over it and they think it's a new dog bed. The leather is analine so it's the type which scratches easily - I've also got a fleecy throw on the seating area. I'll probably care for about two weeks before I give up and let them scratch it :rolleyes: It was quite heavy so I was huffing and puffing carrying it up the drive.

I really need to have a clearout cos my house is starting to look like one of those off 'Hoarders' :rolleyes:

Thanks griff - yes they have shopmobility however every time I have rung to book a scooter they have been fully booked it seems you need to book weeks in advance and I tend not to plan when I want to go shopping.

Jazz I knew someone had them - it is a portable one I tried the Roma Vegas 2 and I can lift the bits albeit with effort for the motor section, but doable, its a good price at £388 new with 12 month warranty and a local shop which does all the servicing etc. however it's only a 2" clearance and I've seen a GoGo Traveller Elite plus 4 which is a bit more powerful and has 3" clearance but is £509 which is a heck of a difference in price, but Rob said that he thought the clearance with the Vegas was borderline when I went over a dropped curb and feels I should get the more expensive one.