UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

snow I hope whatever it is you are pain free soon :flowers:

Timmy is refusing food again :(

To top it all off I have no flushing toilet at the moment and there is water coming through the light fitting in the kitchen ceiling (from the bathroom above). There's been a bunch of stuff recently including the ankle twisting incident and a few others. It's been building up but I feel like everything is getting on top of me at the moment :(

Alex, deep breath...what can you offer Timmy? what about a jar of baby food an just warm it up a bit...is he now back on hi usual food? i was just wondering could he be trying it on to get something nicer? Now, the toilet, can you get a plumber out? will that be covered by your home insurance... could you pull the ball c*** up and secure it with some string and a piece of wood or something across the top of the cistern to prevent the loo filling up again?

i can't type c_o_c_k again Lol

Moaning :tired:

Timmy's had dire rear overnight (on my rug) and it's got blood in it :( I did manage to get him to eat bits of stuff last night - salmon and crispy duck followed by a bit of trifle, so no wonder he had dire rear but I'm bothered about the blood and the fact he didn't eat much at all.

As for everything else I can't even think about that at the moment, will tackle that once I've spoken to the vet this morning.

Hope Timmy is ok :GroupHug:

Had to get the emergency vet out for Blue last night. He has been a bit off on his feet since he had them done on Monday last week. Spoke to my farrier on Wednesday (when the yard told me he wasn't right so they hadn't turned him out), he said to keep an eye on him. On Friday he still wasn't right, so I messaged my farrier again. He said to poultice his foot that had heat in it and if he was no better, he'd come and see him on Monday. I got up to the farm last night and he was not a happy boy at all, and much worse than Friday. I couldn't tell which foot he was lame on as he was walking all wrong. Not quite sure the vet appreciated being called out in the pouring rain, but he needed looking at. Turns out he's got laminitis :( The vet took some bloods to check for cushings (as that can cause laminitis) and has given him some anti inflammatories. Am hoping we've caught it early enough so that he bounces back and is fine :unsure:

Poor Blue! Sending positive thoughts for your special boy Jayne :GroupHug:

Alex my George used to occasionally get a dire rear with blood in it. I can't for the life of me remember what name the vet gave to it but it was more alarming than anything (to me!) The vet would give him a shot of something and then prescribed buscopan. George would get this 4 or 5 times a year but always got over it & I kept a supply of buscopan tablets in for him. As soon as I noticed him straining I would start dosing him up on it for 3 or 4 days. I hope this will be the same for poor Timmy and nothing more serious :GroupHug:

The snow is mega on the eastern side of the USA. I would love to be in NYC now but likely would only be confined to the hotel so maybe not!

I rang the Vetfone number on my insurance policy and they said to ring the vet (which I was going to do anyway). Rang the vets and am waiting for a call back. He has had a tiny bit more to eat and seems okay, just a bit 'off'. The vet nurse I spoke to said it could be because he's finished his dose of antibiotics but see what the vet says.

I hope Blue is okay :GroupHug:

When I've sorted Timmy out I'm going to take another carload of stuff to the recycling centre. Could do with a skip really but then I'd have to do it all in one go, which I can't be faffed with.

Edited by merledogs

Oh gosh, poor Timmy and poor blue

Merledogs, is the blood bright red?? If it is it means it is coming after his stomach....black dark blood is from higher up. Diesel used to get it usually after she ate something that disagreed with her, hopefully it is just the fact he has finished his tablets, squishes sent his way

Poor Blue, sounds sore poor lad