UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

6 1/2 stone? What do they think you are, a human being or a flipping fairy?

Sorry, that made me laugh :-)

Jazz how tall are you, that sounds very light unless you are a fairy? xx

My news today, is that we have a very shaved Butter boy home. I can't remember if I said that he had been diagnosed with two types of cancer. One operable and one they say is incurable. He has had his radiotherapy treatment and surgery to remove the lump in his chest. His breathing is much improved and there is no mucus from his nose now.

However he has had his chest and belly shaved (and a section of his back, no idea why) and has lots of stitches to keep him together. However, the surgeon was really pleased with the lump removal procedure and he is home a couple of days early as they are pleased with his healing. We however, now have to try and stop him jumping up on things...hmmm...keep him to one room they said, we don't have one of "those" rooms with nothing for him to jump on!

We bought him a cage, it's too small really but Wellington Boots thinks it's a great place to sleep!

Cocoa on the other hand is a mass of scabs and itchiness and the vets can't find anything he is allergic to or what's causing it, the last thought was bacteria on the skin, which it isn't. He has been prescribed Atopica. 2 days of that and this evening he has thrown up over the lounge and is now feeling very sorry for himself.

Sorry for missing the goings on in here for so long.

Merle, how is Timmy?

Yantan, how is your t'internet?

Griff, how are you?

Snow, how are you too?

Owl, good luck with the house move, exciting times xx

Brain fried for now but will try and keep up again without our weekly vet trips round the M25

love and hugs

xxx

Edited by murtle

Moaning :tired:

murtle he is fine in himself in the moment but he has an enlarged spleen and has lesions on his spleen which may or may not be something nasty. He's also had blood tests for Addisons and Cushings so waiting for the results of those. Sorry to hear Butter has been poorly :GroupHug:

awwww poor Butter...you'll have to get him a jumper to keep him warm. Sorry to hear about Cocoa, have they ruled out a food problem?? our dex was like that and we went as far as to have a punch biopsy done on him, changed his food and he is fine

Poor Butter :GroupHug:

Hope Timmy is improving Alex :flowers:

Jazz - 6 and a half stone if you are 5 foot is way too light. I'm 5'3, weigh about 8 stone 9 and my BMI is in the ideal range. BMI isn't an ideal way of measuring health either - I am heavier than I was a couple of years ago (by about 5lbs), but I am so much fitter and have a shed load more muscle than I did when I was lighter.

Blue doesn't have cushings, he is certainly a lot brighter than he was last week, but still not 100%. The vets are back out to see him tomorrow, in the daylight, so hopefully they will be able to give us some more information as to what is going on with him :unsure:

Latest thinking is that BMI means nothing and should be discounted lol

Hi Murtle :wave4:

Latest news - had a letter from the hospital yesterday cancelling my appointment for the 12th due to "unforeseen circumstances" so it's been pushed back to the 19th *sigh* I'm Ok'ish "sid" has been reasonably well behaved - or at least I've managed to work out whats setting things off and have taken steps to nip things in the bud best I can. I'm still not eating properly though I'm not going to complain about that as I had intended to go on a diet after Xmas so the fact I have no appetite and am feeling full barely halfway through a pot noodle is in many ways a good thing lol