UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Stonking Stirrings

merledogs

Lovely pics Yantan!

Well, failure on the paint stripping front. I unearthed the drill and the sanding attachment, but when I came to try it found there are obviously more layers of paint than I'd first thought, and the drill plus sander is too heavy, it was killing my wrists in minutes. I'll sand the dratted thing by hand and repaint it.

Just spent a few days housesitting for friends whilst they went away. Is it really so wrong to wish that said friends went on holidays more often ? There s not only the the dogs, ducks and bunbun to take care of, but bats, a badger and a barn owl (though they look after themselves !)

Another friend just celebrated her 22nd going vegan anniversary, and apparently it s all my fault :cheer: Love it !!! So we had a fantastic day visiting various vegan cake suppliers and then headed up into the hills, Hello Wales in the distance, and came back via the most beautiful mediaeval chapel and Jodrell Bank.

Can I please repeat the last week all over again please ?

• Like 1

Sounds like a great week, Purrpuss. Do you do fish sitting at all? I hope to travel the country a bit next year once I have moved and will be looking for house sitter to care for fish and giant land snail. There will be bats and owls there too.

Moaning :tired:

Freddie and Biggles :wub:

Glad you had a nice week Purpuss :flowers:

Jazz hope you get the fencing guys sorted :flowers:

Work stuff is getting on top of me again. It's hard when people don't understand that your brain doesn't work the same as other people's. I've made a mistake because my brain went into meltdown due to stress and because I was asked to undertake a piece of work which is outside my sphere of expertise and which really should have been picked up by someone else. There are a number of other things going on as well which have been steadily building over the past few months and the stress is affecting me. I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I'm having lunch with my boss today so we can have a talk about it. I'm just hoping that this doesn't result in my depression resurfacing, although the past few weeks I've seen some warning signs.

im glad im seeing the doctor tomorrow. ive no idea what im doing. ive just ordered wormers etc for these, paid for them, and tried to order them again, so rung them. she was very patient with me lol

just ordered more dog food, why when I have loads.

I need something done with my brain, new one I think

Oh Alex.... i hope your boss sorts things out, do you get sick pay?? maybe you should get some time off via the Doctor to sort things before they get too bad

Jazz, good luck with the dr

Purpuss, sounds like a lovely week

Owl, i wonder do your vets offer that service? some of the vet nurses at our place look after small animals...they might just nip in and feed the fish and see to the snail for you

Had my scan...got asked loads of questions that i didn't get asked last time, she said my dr would have the results today and i should make an appointment...so i called to make the appointment, none available and was told that they wouldn't have the results for days yet...ermm the lady was typing them to the doctor whilst i was there, was told to call on the day and check they had the results before i went...not bothering, if there is something wrong they can call me...i am not trying to get u pat 8am to be told no appointments and i would have to ring another day, i am seeing two of my consultants on thursday so they can tell me if there is anything wrong, to be honest i am past the point of caring, i just want the pain to be explained and hopefully i can find a way of dealing with that