UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tv Show

Purrpuss

Ok, this is not an event as such, more a reminder of one of the supervet shows tonight. It is about the Dogfest event at Arley Hall, Cheshire that was held last month. Its on Channel 4 at 8pm tonight.

I was there helping on a rescue stall and it really was a show worth going to. Got to meet a dog with a bionic paw and the man himself (who is very dinky and very hairy !), and made a shed load of money for the rescue. Not to mention the really lovely atmosphere.

I was shocked at how few rescue stalls were there, and am guessing that most thought the cost would be prohibitive. If you are involved in a rescue I would most definitely recommend at least asking next year (they are thinking of making both the north and south shows a 2 day event) as the price was £300 for a double stall and that was made back in the first hour :cool02:

Tonic chilling in the fridge in preparation !

Well that was disappointing. Virtually nothing about the show and just rehashed clips of surgery already shown. Grump :competitive:

Did remind me that one of the biggest questions of the day was "has he dyed his hair ?" . The answer is a definite YES. He needs a better PR person and film production company.

I saw him interviewed about the show yesterday and he's just so inspirational. All the work he does for animals and he wants to improve things for humans using the same techniques. It would reduce the time for innovations in human medicine by years - but the "powers that be" don't seem to listen.

The DogFest sounds absolutely wonderful. I'd love to go and work on a rescue stall - so if anyone wants to have a stall and is looking for staff - just ask! (for DogFest North - not South as that's a very long way from where I live)

The DogFest sounds absolutely wonderful. I'd love to go and work on a rescue stall - so if anyone wants to have a stall and is looking for staff - just ask! (for DogFest North - not South as that's a very long way from where I live)

You may regret saying that. I remember these things you know :D

Freshfields animal rescue already has a sponsor in place for next year and will be going.

It was wonderful. It was so lovely to be somewhere that celebrated dogs and recognised what a positive part of so many peoples lives they are, instead of all the negative crap that we so often hear.

• Like 1

My offer is genuine. I've worked with loads of rescues and if one of those is going and wants my help then I'll be with them. But if no one else wants me, then I'll be happy to be there for Freshfields. I'll find out all about you beforehand so I can answer questions. Looking forward to it already.

Is it a silly question to ask if I can bring my dog with me?

Edited by smirnoff

My offer is genuine. I've worked with loads of rescues and if one of those is going and wants my help then I'll be with them. But if no one else wants me, then I'll be happy to be there for Freshfields. I'll find out all about you beforehand so I can answer questions. Looking forward to it already.

Is it a silly question to ask if I can bring my dog with me?

Fantastic :D And yes you can bring your dog. In fact it is positively encouraged !