UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Wet and miserable here too. I was planning to hibernate, but the dogs convinced me we needed to go out for a walk. We are now back, and they have dried themselves off on my bed, which had clean bedding on this morning :mad: Plus one of them shook next to the clothes drier that the other sheets were drying on, so they're now mud splattered and need another wash. I hate rain!

Gooster, make some biccies or a cake..... if you have the stuff in, will take you about half and hour to make it and about an hour to clean it up Lol

Jazz, some people just don't take an interest in their dog...maybe that is why she gave her up? perhaps she did see it

Lol Sophie, i shouldn't laugh but that is funny... mine go out in a coat if it is raining, can't be doing with wet dogs Lol

Merledogs, i do hope you have had a shower and walked the dogs...did you get wet?

Good for Wispa having a sofa day... i like those

walked my girls, they go separately, kota was off lead with the boomer ball and.................deags was off lead for a bit too!!!

The drizzle went away, so I went out for a ride on my bike. Ended up cycling 15 miles :) Think I need to tweak my bike set up though as I get backache after I've been on it for about an hour :unsure: Am hoping to cycle to Blackpool through the night on the 26/27 September (weather depending!), so I need to be comfortable. Am thinking about getting a road bike so I eat up the miles a bit quicker than I do on my mountain bike. Might go and try some tomorrow :)

We had a brighter spell and Wispa wanted out so we had a shortish walk through muddy stubble fields, which was quite refreshing.

Tonight I must put the bat detector out which I have on loan for the week. The bat expert at the reserve is doing a survey. I just need to switch it on and hang it on a tree. It records all the squeaks and says what species of bat visit the garden. I have strict instructions to secure this hi tech piece of kit to the tree with a strap and put it as high as I can reach ... Because a fox ran off with the last one!

What a weekend. My friend completed the T184 by 16:49 yesterday. 184 miles self supported (carrying all kit and food, we could provide water at the checkpoints)from the Thames Barrier to the Thames Source. Words can't describe how proud I am of her to have achieved that.

I am starting the 5 week count down to ending my contract!

Where did summer go and how are we in September already?

I have no idea where summer has gone :( The horses have to start coming in overnight as of next Wednesday. Am dreading it. After re jigging my gym schedule when I got back from

Sri Lanka, I now have to try and rejig it again. I have been doing bodypump again, but my knee is bothering me again, so I need to avoid that, but do workouts that get me to work on time if I do them on the morning or get me done and dusted early enough to sort Blue out once they are done or are late enough for me to do after the farm (which I'm trying to avoid as I don't like to go to the gym smelling like the farm) :unsure: :rolleyes: I hate winter :(

Another day off today, have just played theme hospital for a bit, going to head up to mum and dad's and check if the dogs have been out, before checking in on Blue and then going to spin :)