UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Good news from OH's work, their department will not have any redundancies...that's a relief! Until the next time, of course. They seem to make a habit of it.

My son says it's a nightmare getting to work for him at the moment, he lives in Lancing but works in Shoreham, and the way he normally would cycle is closed because of that awful accident so he's having to go a longer way round and all it's done this week down there is rain, he says he gets to work soaked even though he's wearing waterproofs. He could take the car, but says it would take far too long to drive, the roads are all so busy because of the closure. He says lots of people are still going and laying flowers on the bridge.

• Like 1

I need a fridge freezer. looked on all the sites, spoke to ao.com, they had a lovely one. I looked at other places, they didn't have one as nice. I went back on the page, in the minute it took for the man to answer, it had gone up £21!

Suzeanna, that is good news about your husbands job...bet he's relieved (and you)

Jazz, great news that honeys lumps shouldn't come back

I had bad news last night, a friend of mine has had a massive heart attack and been put in an induced coma, Barry can be a pain in the ass with people but has always been fine with me and very very supportive.... i have always known that if i need a job he will sort me out in his company, i have known him for as long as i can remember so i am hoping he will be o.k

Jazz, that is really really good news about Honey. Hope you are both feeling much better.

Suzeanna, that must be such a relief for you both !

Griff. all best wishes for your friend and his recovery.

Many thanks for all the good wishes for Kizzy beagle. She is slowly recovering, driving her Mum crackers, but has yet to eat her way out of the crate.

She and Ben cat had a howling/yowling session down the fone earlier in mutual commiseration with one another. Result - we are fairly certain that their conclusion was that both their Mums are totally mean :confused:

Bens grizzle with me this evening is that I gave him a rinse/bath. He broke into the pantry and managed to knock over a bottle of pop that burst and spayed him with cola. Ben is scared of the hiss that you get opening bottles of pop, And this one not only hissed at him but sprayed cola all over him too. When I got there he was soaked and traumatised ! He got a quick rinse with warm water and towel dried, then sat in front of the fire to dry off. He and Kiz had a really good grumble about just how much their lives suck. Both Mums may have outright laughted :D

Hahahaha poor Ben, i hate having to bath dex cat.... i have to take my life in my hands, he always looks like a drowned rat when he is done too Lol

Morning Merledogs, whatcha got planned this weekend???

My weekend will consist of ironing... i fear i have a slight addiction to jeans, i think i may have around 60 pairs Lol...can never have too many pairs right?

Hope your friend makes a speedy recovery Griff :flowers:

:laugh: at Ben :wub: My two have never needed a bath - am dreading the day when they do :unsure:

Just one more day to work then I have a whole 3 days off :biggrin: I see the dermatologist on Wednesday and hopefully start the roaccutane then as well, looking forward to it, but just really hope I don't get any of the major side effects that come with it. Sod's law is happening at the moment and my skin isn't too bad, but having waited 4 months to see a dermatologist, am going to try what he can offer me that my GP can't (even if it means no alcohol for 4 months and a cornflake face :laugh: )

Thanks Griff :flowers: Not quite sure how the no alcohol rule is going to go - I go to NYC and Vegas in November, and whilst I'm not going to go mad, a glass of wine with my evening meal would be nice :unsure: I'll have to ask him when I see him just how strict the no alcohol rule is (he's Irish, so am sure he'll understand :laugh: )

I am not allowed to drink with my stuff... i had 2 pints on thursday Lol. Some people say that with the stuff i am on you can have 2 units a day, other guidelines say no alcohol at all and my consultant falls on that side of things, i manage o.k though...most of the time i am not fussed but some days i could just do with a few pints and some painkillers... i always sleep then, also if they give me bad news at the hospital i normally go and get splattered...which i can't do now. I have turned totally around now, i drink lemon and ginger tea, peppermint tea and water and only 1 cup of coffee!!! i used to drink around 10 mugs a day of coffee, i have also stopped eating biscuits...mostly, god i am boring Lol