UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

A belated Happy Birthday Jazz, sorry I missed it yesterday..wasn't feeling well and didn't come on the comp much.

I know it's stupid, because they are fine, but I feel shaken by the air show disaster and thinking how a different decision could have ended in tragedy for my family. My son and grandson, as I said, decided to go to the football match, but more importantly Mark decided to get the train, rather than drive. If he had driven, he would have been on that road at that time. It makes me go cold just thinking of it...I can't begin to imagine how the families of those who have lost their lives or are still missing must be feeling.

I was eating breakfast this morning and looked out of the conservatory doors and there was Molly cat, strolling casually along the terrace..cheeky little madam! Silly thing is when I go to feed them she runs to me meeping, but when I went to the door she fled back up the garden and headed back "home". That cat is weird.

@griff, my snail is called Shelley and is coming up to 10 years old.

Suzeanna, I think most cats are weird one way or another. I like them but they can be hard to understand.

Some people from a local housing project came and collected some furniture which I don't want to take to new house. I didn't like any of it but it was strange to see it go, especially the dressing table which was in my room when I was little.

I have been shaken by the Shoreham crash as well, and I have no connection with the area at all.

I am tired, have the sniffles but am on my way to work to hand in my notice. I am nervous about doing it but really pleased I won't have to out up wth the project politics for much longer! Next step is to work out next piece of work.

Griff, divorce in the UK can take up to 5 years if one party disagrees with it. My colleague has had to go to court to finalise his divorce as his wife (who started seeing one of his mates) refused to complete the divorce papers or leave the family home! People are strange...

Sam, I wish you all the courage to help her get to a better place.

Cocoa cat has been hooded as he keeps attacking himself. Poor thing has a flea allergy which comes out in hundreds of little scabs so mutt be really incomfortable. The vet gave us piriton, it hasn't done anything. At least the hood will help break the cycle of licking his fur out.

Ben pusscat sounds amazing.

Happy belated birthday Jazz

xxx

ive never had such a stressed out dog at the vets.

they have found 3 mammary lumps so will take them out and send them off. they don't look good.

these are doing their nut because honeys not here. they have been walked, my friend has been, nope, they arnt happy

happy birthday Snow

Hope honey gets on o.k

have been super busy today, Deags has been for her immunotherapy, we went on the bus and she whinged all the way there lol she was good for conor, only shyed away once and............she wasn't sedated, back in and took kota up the field, she is off lead now as she plays with her boomer ball...very proud of her

Happy birthday snow.

Hugs for honey xx

On the train home, the train is empty...amazing what school holidays do...

Feeling very hmmmph with work as I don't know what I want to do. Have done my role for 10 years but getting less and less satisfaction from it. Think I need to bite the bullet and see if smaller businesses will work with me. How come I missed the passion bus when they were handing out passions?!

xxx

Yay for quiet trains...no having to stand and be near peoples sweaty pits Lol . i don't think i have a passion either

Jazz, pleased honey is home, hope the lumps turn out to be benign.

Murtle, forgot to say i hope your Kitty soon feels more comfy....itchiness is horrible

Best wishes and thoughts to all poorly dogs and people, playing dogs and birthday people :)

Please can Kizzy beagle have some good thoughts. Kizzy is a friends dog that I adore. In many ways she is so like my Berry Beagle bridge girl that it sometimes hurts to see her.

About 4 months ago Kizzy managed to break her right front leg. According to the vets, it is a break that is very common in springer spaniels but they had never seen it in a beagle (trust a beagle to be either hiding her heritage very well, or to just be odd :evo: ) So BIG surgery and 3 months total crate rest, and this last month limited walks but building them up.

Yesterday was one of her first off lead walks, she belted half way across a field in long grass and my friend just hear a loud scream. Kizzy appeared a few minutes later limping really badly and obviously in pain. Straight to the vets, xrays and it looks as though she has done soft tissue damage to her bad leg.

She is back on strict crate rest. Kizzy is not happy. I could hear her complaints down the fone and through 2 closed doors. Right now I am not sure who is suffering more, Kizzy or her Mum. I did offer to buy her a hair dye to cover the new grey and got seriously told to :run4hills: only not quite so politely :bootyshake: Am making internal bets with myself as to whether they will both survive crate rest again. Oh dear. LOL. I am a bad friend, but some good thoughts for both please. Many thanks.