UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Re religious differences, I agree with you Suzeanna. Merledogs, what a tragic story.

My stepfather's parents opposed his marriage bitterly and did not come to the wedding. There was a lot of unpleasantness. It was all so pointless. They did relent later, but after his suicide 25 years later, Grandpa said it was because of shame at marrying out of the Jewish faith. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

For some people I don't think religion is about anything more than an identity to cling on to. Rather misses the point, as you say.

Great news Alex! so glad for you.

Owl, my aunt was a very staunch Christian. A girl I knew had a baby when she was unmarried and had it adopted. She married some years later and her baby was born with something wrong and very nearly died, thankfully he survived. Know what my aunt said? If he dies, that will be God's punishment for her for having a child out of wedlock. This was a very intelligent woman, except when it came to religion!

Hope you don't have to wait around too long for your MRI Alicia.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

My nanna was catholic and my grandad a protestant, tho in reality he was an atheist. The priest in my nanna's home town wouldn't marry them. The priest here in my grandad's home town agreed to marry them though. However after a change of priest here nanna was not allowed to take communion, or whatever it is catholics do, due to having married a proddy. She just stopped going to church and that, coupled with the appalling treatment she'd had at the hands of the nuns who ran her school, caused her to more or less gave up on religion. Although she couldn't quite let it all go as the nuns had done a very effective job of beating the threat of hell and damnation into her. She'd always made my grandad promise to get her the last rites if she was in a situation that allowed time for that and he kept his promise.

A funny aside to the above - I only learnt my grandad was an atheist and had been for over 60 years when I was in my early 30's. I was quite shocked, even though I've been one just about since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I asked him if nanna knew he was an atheist and he replied "you've got to be joking, of course she didn't know. I had a hard enough time convincing her to marry me when she thought I was a protestant. She'd never have said yes if I'd told her I was an atheist!"

I am just taking a break from work. I have a rush order so don't have a lot of time to get on here. OK back to it!

• Like 2

All best wishes to those that have had/are awaiting appointments.

er

I could not be prouder of Ben cat if I tried :luvlove: . Two days ago he killed his favourite toy and has been in mourning ever since. None of the other swishes would do (all 19 of them !), he wanted his white one and no other. So today he got to wear his harness and lead, have a ride in his crate and in the car and visit my favourite pet shop. He got a fair amount of attention which he loved, after all its not every day you meet a large ginger mog strolling around a shop as if he owns it. We explored the food and treat sections thoroughly and Tom, our favourite staff member who was with us as dog guard gained god like status when he opened a packet of cheese dreamies just for him. Toy section next and white swishy found after inspecting every last one of them :blink:

At the till Ben insisted on walking around to the other side and saying hello to a little boy who looked scared stiff of him, Tom had gone with him whilst I paid and I could hear him translating Bens body language and behaviour and noises to the boy. After a few minutes and with a lot of encouragement the little boy very tentatively stroked him and Ben nearly shook himself apart purring. When I got there, Tom had moved Ben and the little boy to a pile of dog beds by the door and sat them down. I got talking to the lady with him, who turned out to be Mum and the little lad has autism. Whilst we chatted we watched as Ben settled on the beds and allowed the little boy to listed to his side as he purred. Within a few minutes both were asleep. Tom sat guard whilst we carried on shopping but finally had to wake both up, Mum said she could see a difference even after such a short interaction and was amazed. Told her about PAT dogs and animal therapies and she is going to look into it. He walked Ben to the car for me, put him in the crate and made sure it was secure. He gave Ben and me a kiss goodbye and his Mums parting words were that I am the only adult outside the family he has ever kissed :blush02: and that was all because of Ben.

Does Ben care that he helped a very special little boy reach out? Does he thump. Right now he is nestled on his sofa bed watching Walker Texas Ranger and farting at regular intervals (am guessing it was all the treats) with his new swishy underneath him.

I love him to bits :bigheart3:

• Like 5

well done ben xxxxx

well done alex for sleeping xxx

I could have slept longer, but need to get this doctors done. haven't got time to get the pills unless im in on time, then the wetroom man

it look like its going to rain, so will have to take the waterproofs on the scooter

Good boy Ben :wub:

Am having the morning from hell in work :( Really difficult and hard work patients. One patient came in with reduced vision and I couldn't find out why, so I'm referring her to the local private hospital that does NHS referrals (meaning she'll be seen quicker). Her husband was a right arse about it and asked why I wasn't referring her to the eye hospital. I explained about the system that's in place and how she'd have to wait 18 weeks for a referral to the eye hospital, whereas she'll be seen in 2 weeks if she goes to the private hospital. She was in a wheelchair and when I was helping her get back into her chair he told me that I didn't look strong enough to catch her if she fell. Shame it would have been unprofessional to flex my rather ungirly sized biceps at him and ask to see his biceps :laugh: :rolleyes: This afternoon I have 2 patients with flashes and floaters in, which are also hard work and extra stuff to do. And I've only brought salad for lunch :mecry: I want a massive wedge of cake :laugh: