UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Snow....do i sense you could be perhaps the tiniest bit excited???

Nope not the tiniest at all nuh uhhhh ...... MEGA SCREAMING Jumping up and down UBER excited LOL honestly I have been boinging around the house all day Baddie thinks I have gone loopy :laugh: Cannot believe I am actually going to meet him and not only that but in most of the photos I have ever seen of him at the convention photo shoots he's got his arm around the fan....ooo I need to go stand in the rain again to cool off lol

Nope not the tiniest at all nuh uhhhh ...... MEGA SCREAMING Jumping up and down UBER excited LOL honestly I have been boinging around the house all day Baddie thinks I have gone loopy :laugh: Cannot believe I am actually going to meet him and not only that but in most of the photos I have ever seen of him at the convention photo shoots he's got his arm around the fan....ooo I need to go stand in the rain again to cool off lol

All the best, have a wonderful time, and whatever you do, do not forget your pointy stick. I went to Hobbit com a few months ago and missed both Luke Evans and Graham McTavish due to being barged out of the way. Am already working on my inner JRT for next year !

Thank you for the welcome backs :)

Ben cat is currently in deep mourning. He killed his favourite swishy toy last night, and the bin men took it away this morning. He is wandering round the house vocalising his grief. I have a headache.

Nigel - Synflex (pharmaceutical grade liquid glucosamine) is the best I've used. Not cheap but a little bottle lasts months. You can buy it quite a few places online.

Evening. WFHing tomorrow cos I have my hospital appt in the afternoon for a scan/mammogram. Wibble.

Edited by merledogs

Fingers crossed for you miss Merledogs...infact everything crossable is crossed!!!

Hahahaha Snow, just remember to keep breathing....then again don't, you could faint and he may have to give you the kiss of life Lol

Awwwww poor Ben cat rip swishy toy Lol

Welcome back Purrpuss :) Walter says he feels Ben's pain. He was distraught when he destroyed his feather on a stick (well until I replaced it with a new pink and green version, then he was a happy boy :laugh: )

How exciting Snow. I remember when I was queueing up to grope/have my picture taken with Jessie Pavelka, I was saying to my friend OMG he's gorgeous :wub: :laugh:

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Alex :flowers: :GroupHug:

Had a blonde moment this morning, I was working in Oldham today. Instead of driving to Oldham, I started to drive to Ashton :rolleyes: Thankfully I realised pretty quickly and could double back on myself though :)

I'm with Alex on the Synflex. George did really well on it. I used the pet version - there's an ingredient in the human grade stuff that's not so good for dogs but sorry I can't for the life of me recall what it is.

I used to buy 2 bottles a time from the USA via ebay because at the time that was the only way I could get the pet Synflex. I think I paid about £21 incl delivery and the 2 would last yonks. Course that was 4 + years ago.

Poor Ben. He'll have to raid his money box for a new toy.

I think not. Also it will not remain that colour for long. 3 walls are very pale green, and it won't take long to deal with the offensive feature wall and bring it into line. It will be the guest room.

Hi Purrpuss, nice to see you after so long.

Merledogs, best of luck tomorrow.

When we moved here, the predominant colour was pink...the walls were done half way down in a plain pink paper, then a border, then a pink/grey/green paper underneath. Everywhere, including the bedrooms! (I think they must have bought a job lot!). Even the hall and stairs were carpeted in a deeper pink. As you can imagine, a lot of time was spent removing wallpaper.

I was watching the coverage of Cilla Black and what was happening today with her funeral, and the thing that really struck me was the remark that her parents didn't attend her marriage to Bobby as he was Protestant and she was Catholic. I don't get it, I really don't. I'm a lifelong atheist but I have read up on various religions and I thought the central theme was supposedly love and tolerance. Not much tolerance there...and they are both Christian faiths, both believe in the same God. I don't see how people can be so blindly blinkered. (Sorry if I've offended anyone who is P or C and believes I'm wrong and they are right, but there we are, you can't please everyone.)

Alex, there are nights when I'm lucky to sleep three hours in total..I've just worked out that it's the nights we don't have any alcohol. If I have a vodka and bitter lemon I seem to sleep well. Oh well, I'll just have to force myself then! :D

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

In a previous job I knew a couple who both worked at the company - he was buddhist and she was muslim. She was sent here by her parents and lived with her uncle who had two daughters. They treated her like shite. She moved away from Birmingham where they lived to the north west to work. His parents weren't keen to begin with but they came to accept and love her. Her parents/uncle wouldn't hear of the idea. She made one last trip home to try and convince them to let her marry him, but they stood firm in that they would never agree. That same night she got out of her car on the hard shoulder of the M6 and deliberately walked out in front of a lorry. Her family blamed him and wouldn't let him even go to the funeral. Absolutely tragic :(

My appointment is at 1.30 for the mammogram and 1.40 for the ultrasound. Gonna have a quick shower and shave my pits before I go.