UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Sorry to hear that Jazz.

I never knew Romania got that hot!

We have had rain all night and much of the day. Nothing extreme. Just gentle rain alternating with drizzle. Very much needed as have not had any for weeks.

@ Alex, yes there are hydrangeas at front and back of house. Big pink ones, which I don't care for at all. But will not be mean enough to dig them out.

I've been up taking photos and video of the mess that the arsehole builder has left behind at the gardens. My brother was with me. We've given the go ahead for another local builder, who was the subletter, very decent chap, to take over more of the outbuildings and he's going to repair them, help in the clean up and bring ton's of hardcore in to make a nice tidy area. He's getting a rent-free period for doing all this and he's very happy with the arrangement as are we.

My brother was approached by a lovely lady who asked if she could have an area to have a small allotment garden (she's been waiting for years for a council allotment) He have her permission for that a couple of months ago and she has cleared not only the area she wants for the allotment but all around it - and she's done a grand job. She keeps wanting to pay us a rent but we are all agreed that we are just thankful to have someone who cares and is doing something positive there so she can have it rent free.

I'll post some of the photos later but for now I need to sit down and do some work as I have fallen behind!

Good news Marion. Look forward to seeing the photos :flowers:

I was fuming earlier today. Went to Costco to get some bird food (and ended up with yet another ruddy dog bed :rolleyes:). The checkout bloke, who I don't know from Adam, told me he was having a bad day. He complained that he had told his bosses that he shouldn't have to sell some buddha garden ornaments they had because he was a christian. They told him he had to. He then started preaching at me about christianity and how his bosses couldn't tell him what to believe (the irony) god would get back at them because he made them as well you know. He said buddhism was a foreign religion and we're in a christian country which is ENGLAND! The irony was that he wasn't exactly typical white British. I was biting my tongue so hard by this point - I so wanted to point out that a) he was preaching at me and b) wasn't his faith supposed to teach tolerance of other religions and c) if his god made everyone then didn't he also make buddhists? I don't give a stuff if you believe in the ruddy tooth fairy but don't preach at me. I am in two minds whether to report him to his superiors. I wasn't the only one either, I could hear him saying something similar at the couple in front of him along similar lines. Not only was he unprofessional but he was holding the ruddy queue up with his nonsense :mad:

Then called in at the little Sainsburys near my house on the way back. I was walking behind a little car when it started reversing out. I thought the woman would stop when I shouted "jesus christ!" (see we're on a religious theme today). She saw me in her mirror but she didn't stop so I had to jump out of the way. When she'd finished reversing I ran up to her passenger window and shouted "what the f**k are you doing?!!" She didn't apologise or anything, just gave me a superior look from behind her perfectly coiffeured flight attendant's uniform. I managed to get control of myself and go into the shop or I'd have said or done something I'd regret :mad: Marion if you'd seen her face you'd have been tempted to lamp her one :mad:

And breathe....

Edited by merledogs

Glad you are making progress, Yantan.

Merledogs, I think you should complain. I have had to do this twice over colleagues when I was in care work. One woman had upset our clients by telling them that their arthritis was punishment for sin, and the other sang hymns loudly and incessantly while working in the care home. It was like being in a revival meeting.

Hope you got some ABs, Jazz.

Evening everyone, hope you are all ok and enjoying the randomness of the August weather. Some of you will know that I injured myself again three weeks ago, having an accident on my bike. I am walking without crutches now, have driven short distances a couple of times and I am building up my walking. Why are hospital consultants and GP's so disinterested in what you have to say? I'm seeing a physio on Thursday, I have more faith in them. Today has been a bad day, so I am going to draw a line under it and hope for better tomorrow.

Thanks Jazz, the consultant didn't say anything, except stop using the crutches and do full weightbearing. It's trial and error at the moment, I'll feel happier when the physio tella me what's good and what's not, I know I'm not walking properly because my leg won't straighten properly.

Alex up with that I would not put. I cannot bear having people preaching religion at me. Perhaps you could have pointed out to that assistant that perhaps he'd like to consider that his god sees what he does and says so it might behove him to try practising a little tolerance towards his fellow men and women. I got that from a friend of mine who is a Christian but gets fed up with the born-agains who are usually the ones to carry on like this chap. I don't believe in gods. Well other than the god of puddings and cakes that is.

You should have given that snotty nosed madam's car a kick - you would have just been trying to protect yourself from it running into you!

I'll do photos tomorrow - too tired just now!

• Like 1

Hope you make a quick recovery, Hounds. Alex, the silly thing is Buddhism isn't a religion as such, more a way of life and beliefs. Bloke sounds an idiot. Hope you gave the snooty bag the finger!

OH has just been blasting out the neighbours with Nightwish..we've both had a couple of Kir Royales and a voddie and coke. I feel rather pikilated!

• Like 2

I was fuming earlier today. Went to Costco to get some bird food (and ended up with yet another ruddy dog bed :rolleyes:). The checkout bloke, who I don't know from Adam, told me he was having a bad day. He complained that he had told his bosses that he shouldn't have to sell some buddha garden ornaments they had because he was a christian. They told him he had to. He then started preaching at me about christianity and how his bosses couldn't tell him what to believe (the irony) god would get back at them because he made them as well you know. He said buddhism was a foreign religion and we're in a christian country which is ENGLAND! The irony was that he wasn't exactly typical white British. I was biting my tongue so hard by this point - I so wanted to point out that a) he was preaching at me and b) wasn't his faith supposed to teach tolerance of other religions and c) if his god made everyone then didn't he also make buddhists? I don't give a stuff if you believe in the ruddy tooth fairy but don't preach at me. I am in two minds whether to report him to his superiors. I wasn't the only one either, I could hear him saying something similar at the couple in front of him along similar lines. Not only was he unprofessional but he was holding the ruddy queue up with his nonsense :mad:

I would complain , your a costco customer not a Priest hearing confession !!!

gallery_4_195_54962.jpg

• Like 3