UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Multiple Murmurings

owl

I bet you could build some of your own Merley one, some lockable castors and some heavy duty wood and you would be away

i am very jealous of your wall and patio, my gardens are such a mess, i just don't have the energy to get going and sort it out...not to mention i reckon it would really need a few hundred quid chucking at it

• Like 1

my lawn will be about 6 foot square when the gardens finished, but a 6 foot wide strip going along side the bungalow to the gate, so enough for these, but doesn't look good just now, been walked on so much in the rain. I have ornaments rather than plants, don't know where they will all go

im on the phone to british gas. again

a year they messed about with my electric bill. taking double or nothing at all, then it was sorted out. now ive moved. 3 times ive been onto them, its sorted out, then a letter comes saying different

trying to stay calm

Deep breaths Jazz.... i swear i don't know what has gone wrong with business's did people really have to keep calling people and chasing them to make sure they did their job right years ago? i never remember my mum or nan spending days on the phone harassing people Lol

still no courier, my dad got a cheque back off the tax yesterday and i wanted to get it in the bank for him...don't think that is going to happen

It was my birthday yesterday...Philip bought me a new mobile as mine has been acting up and I am at the end of my contract with Orange/EE. I find it very annoying that they want to charge me £9 to unlock my old phone, you'd think after being with them for years they'd do it for nothing!

Happy birthday Suzeanna, hope you had a good day. do you mean you want your old handset opened up to accept a sim from any network? if so there are places in town that do that now...not sure how much it costs but i cetainy wouldn't give orange/ee my money if they are being unhelpful. If you have gone to another network but want to keep your number you just need to as for you PAC code, there shouldn't be a charge for that

still waiting for the courier, managed to call the hospital and get my consultants secretary to book me in for next month....she was saying something about september!! that would have been the longest 3 months ever and he deffo wanted me back in 3 months as i asked him did he mean 3 months or did he mean for the letter to be sent out at 3 months and me book in and it be 5 months... deffo 3 months so she has booked my appointment

Deep breaths Jazz.... i swear i don't know what has gone wrong with business's did people really have to keep calling people and chasing them to make sure they did their job right years ago? i never remember my mum or nan spending days on the phone harassing people Lol

still no courier, my dad got a cheque back off the tax yesterday and i wanted to get it in the bank for him...don't think that is going to happen

Call centres! They are there for business convenience & costs not because they are ever any good at customer service.

It was my birthday yesterday...Philip bought me a new mobile as mine has been acting up and I am at the end of my contract with Orange/EE. I find it very annoying that they want to charge me £9 to unlock my old phone, you'd think after being with them for years they'd do it for nothing!

Which petition to make co.s do so here

http://www.which.co.uk/campaigns/mobile-phone-deals/?gclid=CPLbzpXkr8UCFQEFwwodCzIADQ

Meanwhile is there anything here in the help & advice / apps from giffgaff that will help you do it yourself for free?

https://giffgaff.com/unlock

Voting day today. What happens next should be interesting.

Can't say I either look forward to or dread the result - it's happening & I have little faith in any of them actually doing or being able to do what they've claimed is as much as I can say.

Most interesting bit will probably be to see who will now pair up with who (assuming it's a hung parliament as I expect it to be)

Will Clegg stick by Cameron & if so will this be enough to maintain the last coalition Govt?

Will Milliband do a deal with somebody after all - even if it isn't the SNP or will he sow some integrity and stand by his claim of no deals or bargaining his manifesto away & if so will this force another election?

Could UKIP or even one of the others hold enough seats to force a new coalition?

What was it Tony Blair promised us...... things can only get better!........... For a time they possibly did then he got stabbed in the back / quietly pushed out just as Margaret Thatcher did before him. So much for great leadership and loyalty amongst politicians!

Glad to hear it's there at last Griff, hope it works properly this time!

I've changed to a sim free phone, I just want the other one unlocked so I can flog it, one of the online sites will give you £20 for an unlocked phone. I'll have a look at that site Ian, thanks.

My OH's work have got a ruddy nerve..they've told everyone on service desk that they must be at their desks 15 minutes before their shifts start to be sure that their computers are up and running, but of course, they won't get paid for that time. It doesn't sound a lot but it adds up to 60 hours over a year...quite a bit of money. American owned company, no surprise. If they get caught on a long call (and as they talk to people from all over the world, that happens quite a lot), again if they leave fifteen or twenty minutes late, no luck claiming for that either. Makes me so mad.

happy birthday xxx

im glad you got your vibroplate xx

ive been out, yes me! on the way back, coming up the hill, I could see my conservatory, it looks really nice

if my month old mobile wasn't faulty, id take a picture! another call to another firm ....

Sadly suzeanna that is the case for a lot of places, i was paid from 8.30am until 5pm, people started taking the pee strolling in late etc so they made it policy that we had to be there, overalls on, toolbox open ready to start at 8.30am on the dot so basically we had to be there by 8.20 at the latest, if we worked past 5pm you didn't get paid for the first 30 minutes and i have just realised that they asked me to start at 8am to help them out on the service reception...never paid me a penny! i think it is a case of squeezing as much out of you as they can for as little money as possible

Jazz, glad you are pleased with the conservatory...what phone have you got? i have a nokia 520 and that is pretty good.... i like that it is easy to operate