UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Multiple Murmurings

owl

the facebook rant paid off Lol, i have a tracking number, couldn't get it to work so rung parcelforce up and it should be with me tomorrow!!!!!!! Thanks louise, was it the 017 number? i found that yesterday and tried to check it rung Lol

just been for my blood test, my mums drunk brother was there........stone cold sober! he looked very very well and he looked at me and just blanked me, i am not too bothered by that as i am well shot of him, least i can stop worrying about the police knocking the door to say he is on life support again...or he is dead!

Edited by griff
  • Like 1

My knee has mended remarkably well, thanks for asking, Griff. I really thought I would have been out of action for much longer. I would be reluctant to tackle a really long drive but it's fine for local stuff and for walking up to an hour and a half max on easy footpaths.

The knee brace doesn't fit any more now the swelling has gone down, but so far have done ok without it.

Edited by owl

Afternoon.

Glad your knee is mending owl :flowers:

Yay griff :flowers:

Builders have gone. I asked him what he had used to lay the sand on and it's sharp sand, which is good. When they were up there first the young lad chucked away the mesh thingy which was wedged over the small pipe which runs the water off the bedroom bay roof. When I told him at the weekend that water was pouring over the bay cos the pipe was blocked he said "I wondered what it was for" :rolleyes: They've cleared the bay of gunk today and emailed me to tell me it was done. I told him he'd need to wedge some more mesh there to keep the pipe clear. They obviously hadn't because my neighbour emailed me later on to say water was pouring over the bay again :rolleyes: He'll need to come back and get it sorted before he gets his final payment. The whole garden/drive is just a sea of mud now, so I'm going to have to jetwash everything.

Edited by merledogs

The trouble with only logging every four years is you wonder what people are on about :D Whatcha 'aving done, Mrs Merle?

We may have just adopted a cat, some low life decided to move house and leave their cats behind :( Cut a long story short I offered to foster one of them while a transport was arranged to get him to the rescue who took the other two. One hour after collecting him we decided he should stay :rolleyes_anim: Henry is a white haired and VERY flea infested Persian.

hiya paul, ive moved twice since you have been here then, and had 4 cars lol

im not buying my friends scooter. its old and ive rung round, dealers cant get the parts, but heard of another one, so going to look at that

Hi Paul, congratulations on your new cat.

Unlike Jazz I have only moved once in the last 4 years. But I also had 4 cars, of which 2 went seriously wrong soon after I got them. And I am down to my one dog Wispa, as little Polly puli went over rainbow bridge at a great age in December 2011.

Hi Paul....ooooo a persian, my aunty is very partial to those, would love to see a few piccies, well done on taking him in, sometimes they are just meant to stay

Morning Merledogs, to be honest i am dreading the results of today, i didn't vote this year, i do postal voting and i left the form on the side and forgot...terrible of me but to be quite honest i wouldn't have been able to choose which lying cheating scumbag to pick!!

My jiggly plate is loaded to the van in coventry out for dispatch!!! excited!!!!!

I'm dreading the result as well griff - although it may not be the same person you're dreading. I don't think we're going to have an outright winner so may end up with a minority government propped up by a mishmash of who knows what. Either that or we'll have another general election. I do a postal vote as well but haven't posted it - you can hand it in at the polling station on the day :wink:

I've been lugging wardrobes and stuff out of the garage since 7 am to chuck on the skip and then moving a load of bricks from one place to another. Back is hurting now :rolleyes: but I still have lots of heavy planters to lug about. Desperately need to jetwash the drive because it's covered in mud. Have ordered a couple of fence panels to replace those by the patio so will ask neighbour to help me put those in when they arrive. Gonna be brave now and try and go up the ladder to see what the problem is on top of the bay roof. If I'm successful then I'll have a go at washing upstairs windows later. Wish me luck!

Car's going in today to have a couple of bits done and I've got to go to the polling station on the way.

morning all

beds stripped, 2nd wash is going in now. gardens cleaned up and all before 8am.

I have chops defrosting for tea with roast potatoes, in my oven, the working one. im slightly excited. doesn't take much lol

Alex, be careful!!!! i am useless on a ladder, my legs don't work properly and i end up getting stuck, last year it took me 15 minutes to get down about 10 rungs Lol

Have you seen those caster things you can get for under the planters so you can move them easily... if you have to move them a lot may be worth looking at.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281103322713?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Hope you're car gets on o.k, and thanks for telling me about being able to hand the form in, i didn't know that...will have to see if i get chance to go, as i say though not sure which one to go with, they are all as bad as each other and i doubt any of them could lie straight in bed Lol

Look out Gordon Ramsey, Jazz has a working cooker and you now have competition!!! i got excited about a new iron last week, i hate ironing but this one is dead good and the fact it was half price made me even more happy Lol

griff - thanks for the link. I have looked for some of those but I need really heavy duty ones as the pots are really heavy and large (about 65 cm diameter). I want some that I can 'lock' the wheels and leave them underneath the planter. The only ones I could find large enough were in the States. I do have some other avenues to explore though :)

I've started a thread on my garden project if anybody's interested.