UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Multiple Murmurings

owl

My mum bless her took out washing machine insurance when she bought her new Aqualtis washer dryer, I took over the policy when she died and have been paying it ever since, yesterday the selector knob on the machine stopped working, it just spins round and wont select anything. Phoned the insurance company and the repairman is coming out tomorrow, turns out we're covered for all call out costs, parts & labour and if they can't fix it they'll replace it with a new one for free. Plus its covered for accidental damage as well as wear and tear. While we were talking the guy told me I was entitled to a big discount to add other products ... so I asked about the built in oven & hob (which I know are ruddy expensive to fix/replace as they are Diplomat) so long as they are under 8 years old they were happy to cover them as well, so I also asked about the built in fridge freezer and yup they did that too so I decided to put the flipping lot on cover for peace of mind. Best of all last week Id cut the car insurance in half and the total cost for adding the extras is half what I saved on the car insurance so I'm still "saving" :cheer:

• Like 1

I'm WFHing today. I was hoping to get some gardening type stuff done this evening but it looks like rain. Still, when has that ever stopped me? :rolleyes:

RMF : I've started putting mild grated cheese out for the birds since I read on the RSPB website that some birds like it. My bird feeder has never been so popular - I've got Starlings, Magpies and Jackdaws going bonkers over the stuff :wub:

From the Dogstar Foundation FB page - there's been another earthquake in Nepal :( Thankfully Sam and Mark are both safe, although they had to run out of a building but are now at the airport. Not sure which airport as reports on Sky News say that Kathmandu is closed.

Edited by merledogs

Bugger me , I had hit post on that laSt posT when the the quake struck !

I was sitting in a hotel lobby who had arranged a taxi for us to go to the airport ( we have been camping in there car park ) the building started to shake and things fell off the wall so Mark and I legged it to the car park with all the staff , it seems the quake was 7.4 and The epicenter was 78 km away. We have had aftershocks since I arrived but this was much stonger and it lasted for a lot longer

We are at the airport now , we have been checked in bit it's total chaos but we are hoping to fly to Doha this afternoon and to sri lanka this evening

Sam x