UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Multiple Murmurings

owl

Liberal supporters felt they had been sold down the Swanee and deserted them in protest.

Our local MP was a liberal who had served the community for 14 years. He lived locally and was very highly thought off by all because of the good work he did for his constituents . He garnered a large personal vote becasue of this.

But it was all lost last night, much to everybody's surprise. He had a majority of over 4000 last time. This time he was second, 4000 behind the SNP candidate.

Locally, many declared they would not vote liberal again because of what was given away during the coalition.

Two things wrong with this in my opinion

1. Our electoral system - if you like a particular party or local MP then you have to vote for the other one too. Perhaps we ought to have two votes - one for who you want as an MP & one for who you want in Govt if they are at odds? :unsure:

2. The Lib Dems could only gain so much & office by giving something to form a coalition. Turning against them surely hasn't made things better for those who originally wanted a Lib. Dem. Govt - it's made them far worse. :confused:

hope you feel better soon Jazz

Ewwwwww i am soaked, took the dogs out, thought oh it is only a little bit of light rain... 1 minute into the walk soaked!!!! luckily i had put their coats on as neither of these seem keen on the rain

I've been very lucky, never had a mortgage! My ex husband inherited a house from his dad, I inherited a cottage from my mother, which I moved into when our marriage went west, and as it was in Sussex, when I sold it and moved up to Derbyshire I was able to buy a place outright with money over. That's always been a relief to me when we've been skint..they could cut off the power or whatever, but no one could take the house!

• Like 2

Are you celebrating then? Happy gotcha-at-last day to your house!

We went tracking today, and this time we got as far as Wispa sniffing the scent item before the call came that the lost dog was found. We had been right down to a nature reserve near Nottingham (as opposed to last week's call when we were only just leaving the house) but we didn't mind because we had a long walk round the reserve.

Have started Wispa on raw feeding to see if it helps her stay calmer. Watch this space ...

Two things wrong with this in my opinion

1. Our electoral system - if you like a particular party or local MP then you have to vote for the other one too. Perhaps we ought to have two votes - one for who you want as an MP & one for who you want in Govt if they are at odds? :unsure:

2. The Lib Dems could only gain so much & office by giving something to form a coalition. Turning against them surely hasn't made things better for those who originally wanted a Lib. Dem. Govt - it's made them far worse. :confused:

Unfortunately for the Libdems , the majority of previous Libdem voters did not share your opinion..

Morning. I must say that serving Wispa's breakfast rather puts me off eating mine! Interesting thing so far is that Wispa is much slower and more relaxed when eating raw, and eats steadily through it instead of devouring as fast as she can like she used to with previous diet.

Morning. I must say that serving Wispa's breakfast rather puts me off eating mine! Interesting thing so far is that Wispa is much slower and more relaxed when eating raw, and eats steadily through it instead of devouring as fast as she can like she used to with previous diet.

My dalmatian calmed down noticeably when I switched him to a raw diet.

He did calm down some when I removed cereal from his diet , then calmed some more on raw.

My husband didn't realise I had changed to raw feeding , as he didn't feed the dogs then , and he commented on the change in his behaviour.

He was still a Dalmatian with a capital D but not so wired as he had been.