UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Multiple Murmurings

owl

Safe Labour seat here with a long standing and very decent MP.

Very disappointed but not surprised by the overall result. The rich will get richer, more people will be destitute, heaven help us.

• Like 2

My next door neighbour is up the ladders cleaning my windows at the front. The builder lied to me about replacing the mesh on the bay roof to allow the water to drain away through the pipe. The pipe was blocked so neighbour has cleared it and put some mesh over the hole. He's also taken a bucket of crap and mortar out of the gutter which he cleared not long ago, so the crap is what the builder has swept off the roof. I've texted the builder to let him know he's been caught out in a lie (which I had guessed anyway) and that the side and rear gutters still need to be cleared. I'm not going to fall out with him over it because he's done a good job on the patio/roof overall but I'm not happy :mad:

Edited by merledogs

I told him to sort the leaky guttering out the other day as the gunk coming off the roof where they brushed it has loosened the corner joints and the water was pouring through. He's sorted the joints but now there's water pouring out where the guttering joins the downpipe. I'm really really really not happy :mad:

One of the local Councils is usually (liberals have twice managed to get in) labour the other tory - so unsurprisingly really no change today. I don't think anbody foresaw the overall result though.

Feel sorry for Nick Clegg - helped the conservatives get in, he was the one pushing for raising tax allowances that somehow now seems to have become a tory idea & this is what he gets for it.

Surely if people (& presumably they did) saw the coalition as a successful Govt then it was a joint effort not something that warranted the tories growing votes beyond their wildest hopes & the lib dems being slaughtered.

Only good thing that I see coming out of the result is Nicola Sturgeon wont get to dictate events now as she'd hoped. On the downside I think Camerons Govt, for all he professes to want to help those who genuinely need it, has in reality unfairly targeted the poorer & more vulnerable in society rather than the purely lazy whilst the rich are getting richer & now they don't have the Lib Dems to apply the breaks I reckon it will get worse over the next 5 years.

• Like 3

I told him to sort the leaky guttering out the other day as the gunk coming off the roof where they brushed it has loosened the corner joints and the water was pouring through. He's sorted the joints but now there's water pouring out where the guttering joins the downpipe. I'm really really really not happy :mad:

I think I'd be asking him to get round sharpish & sort it out or else expect to reduce your bill so that you can call someone else to do so. Going to be a wet w/e in many parts isn't it?

Labour got back in here...but they've always said that round here if they stuck a red rosette on a monkey it would be voted in! As our roads and pavements are a total wreck and stay that way despite many complaints to both the local and county council it doesn't bode well for our car's suspension or my dodgy knee.

That's what labour thought in Scotland but long standing labour strongholds have been ousted.

One of the local Councils is usually (liberals have twice managed to get in) labour the other tory - so unsurprisingly really no change today. I don't think anbody foresaw the overall result though.

Feel sorry for Nick Clegg - helped the conservatives get in, he was the one pushing for raising tax allowances that somehow now seems to have become a tory idea & this is what he gets for it.

Surely if people (& presumably they did) saw the coalition as a successful Govt then it was a joint effort not something that warranted the tories growing votes beyond their wildest hopes & the lib dems being slaughtered.

Only good thing that I see coming out of the result is Nicola Sturgeon wont get to dictate events now as she'd hoped. On the downside I think Camerons Govt, for all he professes to want to help those who genuinely need it, has in reality unfairly targeted the poorer & more vulnerable in society rather than the purely lazy whilst the rich are getting richer & now they don't have the Lib Dems to apply the breaks I reckon it will get worse over the next 5 years.

Liberal supporters felt they had been sold down the Swanee and deserted them in protest.

Our local MP was a liberal who had served the community for 14 years. He lived locally and was very highly thought off by all because of the good work he did for his constituents . He garnered a large personal vote becasue of this.

But it was all lost last night, much to everybody's surprise. He had a majority of over 4000 last time. This time he was second, 4000 behind the SNP candidate.

Locally, many declared they would not vote liberal again because of what was given away during the coalition.

I think the Lib Dems lost a lot of votes not only because they 'sold out' but also because it was predicted that we might have a minority government so they wanted their votes to count, so the left leaning Lib Dems voted Labour and the right leaning Lib Dems voted Conservative. I like Nick Clegg and Vince Cable so feel for them both.

Edited by merledogs