UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Random Mutterings

merledogs

Morning.

I have to meet one of my bro's at my dad's to sort through his book collection mainly to check that dad hasn't stashed money in them. So far there's been thousands of £'s found hidden in the strangest of places. We are also there to wait for the gas man or woman coming to fit a new meter. We are doing the 8-10 shift. Better get cracking.

Good luck Sam and Mark. Stay safe!

Got to probate office yesterday, nice train ride there and back. No sooner home than had a call to go tracking in Sherwood country park, so it was a long day. Wispa did well, got the exact route dog had taken, and we had sightings called in. Hope they can find the little thing today, very small 6 month old staffy. Tagged and chipped, thankfully.

• Like 1

It seemed to be common with old people to hide money around the house.

When my dad and my aunt cleared his uncle's house they found money hidden in all sorts of placs and were worried that there might be some hidden that they didnlt find.

I suppose they were a generation that dealt in cash and didn't use banks.

Good luck with treasure hunt, Yantan. remember to check under carpets, behind loo cistern and behind hot water tank. Those were my gran's hidey holes.

We've already found lots of cash under the carpets all stashed in crisp packets! There's been money hidden in the back of clocks, old food packets, stuffed up the back of wall cupboards etc.. I must remember to tell my brother to check the toilet cisterns though. I don't think anyone has looked in those!

My dad has also covered all the radiators, the kettle, the fridge and other assorted appliances with newspaper :shrug: Sheesh I hope I don't get dementia. It's a horrible way to spend the final years of your life. Someone call the vet in for me if I start.

The little staffy pup we tracked last night has been found safe :) A few nicks and scratches but no real damage.

A man saw her and had the sense not to chase. He just put down food to keep her in the same place and then called the number given on the net and waited for her dog walker to arrive.

• Like 2

Hi everone, I have just popped in with some very sad news, because not all of you are on Facebook and it's important to me to share this with you. Captain Jack has had x rays and an ultrasound today and he has a large tumour pressing down on his heart and another on his spleen. At best, he has two weeks, so we are going to make the hardest decision of all, of when to let him go with dignity. It will be a matter of days. Even the vet was crying before showed me the x rays, the tumours are large and very aggresive. So sorry to come in here and drop this bombshell. I thought you would like to know.xx