UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Random Mutterings

merledogs

HLGS I have just been listening to reports from Nepal on radio 4. there are no words to describe what is going on. It will take years to deal with.

Gooster and Suzeanna, I know what you mean because I felt the same way about Polly. I did not want her to suffer one second longer. Of course I miss her, she was a little sweetie. But it was Wispa who fell apart at the seams and was depressed for weeks.

I have got all the relevant figures together at last for mum's probate, only held up by the fact that she did some random share buying after she started to get confused and didn't keep records. Turns out she sold them again so I don't need to worry. So off I go to take forms to the probate office in Sheffield together with her will etc. I could send them recorded delivery, but it would be such a disaster if anything happened to the original will that it seems sensible to get a day return with my railcard and hand the package over in person. It's only 12 miles away but driving in Sheffield is vile.

This has nothing to do with my enthusiasm for rail travel hehe. And I will absolutely not have my nose glued to the window.

My husband was recommnded statins becasue of his cholestoral reading. He refused them.

Next year it the level was chaecked again , with the same reading. However, this time he didn't need statins becasue he was a year older so that reading was now okay and he no longer needs it checked.

Our snow has gone and the sun is shining.

We are watching one of the pheasnats who feed in our garden jump at the small window feeder, she knocks the underneath with her beak it underneath which results in the mealworms in it flying up in the air and down again.

Some, of course, fall onto the ground instead of landing back in the feeder. So pheasant gets mealworms.

One( don't know if it is the same one) has learned to knock its beak against the pole of the bird feed station to knock seed out of the feeder.

Nature is resourceful.

HLGS I have just been listening to reports from Nepal on radio 4. there are no words to describe what is going on. It will take years to deal with.

I am booking a one way ticket on Thursday to Katmandu , I have no idea how long we will be there because as you say no one really knows the sheer scale yet

I am booking a one way ticket on Thursday to Katmandu , I have no idea how long we will be there because as you say no one really knows the sheer scale yet

Good luck.

The lunchtime report said 10,000 dead and 8 million people affected. Quite unimaginable

Edited by blackmagic

As always Sam you have my greatest admiration and best wishes for your health and safety in Nepal. Take care of yourself.

Sam - please let us know where to donate to support your work with the animals in Nepal :flowers: Just keep yourself and those poor babies safe :GroupHug:

Sending hugs for poorly fugees :GroupHug:

Builders have finished bedding in the rest of the ridge tiles and scraping down the roof tiles today. They've also laid the footings for the retaining wall. The concrete is still wet so of course the dogs have all had a go at putting paw prints in :rolleyes: I've emailed builder because I want the border to be the same width all the way down and if they follow the footings it will be out by 11cm (I know I'm anal but it will bug me otherwise).

• Like 1

Sam, its very brave of you but do be careful, there are still aftershocks. You don't want to end up a casualty rather than a rescuer!

There are still aftershocks last night was around 4.5 I think we are going to be based in Katmandu and assess the situation and head to Gorka as soon as its possible ( but that may be weeks yet ) , our job is to ensure exactly that any volunteers coming in are not casualties , that we have the supplies ,food and water to sustain them and they have the right skill sets for the jobs needed and we can work as part of the wider NGO / Aid Agency work streams

We will be part of a team of 4 and most of the larger animal charities are holding back sending more people in until we have completed the first stage assessment ,

• Like 1

Good luck Sam. I am sure you will do sterling work but please be careful. I was listening to a reporter in Katmandu today describing conditions and it sounds awful.

Safe journey there and back with a safe stay in between.

Like Alex said let us know if you need financial help - or anything else we can help with.

Good luck HLGS

Suzeanna, i have been to my drs today.... total nightmare! went back this afternoon and saw my lovely nurse who has given me local anaesthetic so hopefully things will go a little better in future, she was shocked when i said what had happened, now why didn't that evil woman on friday give me numbing gel??

As for Statins,most of my family is on them and they are all fine so far as i know, my dad is o.k with them and i felt fab when they put me on them after my TIA'S, i was gutted when they took me off them Lol. I think provided you aren't eating pounds of cheese a week if that is your pleasure then you should enjoy it in moderation! They have deprived me of all my pleasures too Lol

Owl, hope you enjoyed your train trip

Merledogs, if you are paying for the job it should be done how you want it...especially if it will bug you

Moaning :tired:

Builder email me back and explained that the wall would be in line with the end of the patio rather than the fence (fence may not be level with the edge of the lawn if that makes sense). I think I may just butt out and let him get on with his job :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs