UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Goodness, Bracken, you have really been through the mill. I admire you xx

Have been very much occupied with situation surrounding aunt's house. It was left as a family trust for her stepchildren but the contents to her own family. There is also a long term tenant in upstairs part. Everything would go smoothly except that stepson representing the trust has demanded immediate handover even before funeral. He has also decided he owns the contents, and instead of giving tenant a letter of eviction with the legally required notice, has decided he will bring bailiffs in tomorrow and sling him out and then sue him for the cost of doing that. He can't seem to understand that the law applies to everyone.

Tomorrow may be rather interesting. I am glad I am no longer required to be executor. Other responsible people have taken on that duty.

It is strange that some people can go for years doing what they please and thinking other folk don't matter. The person in question is neither homeless nor cash strapped but in fact very wealthy.

As you know but he apparently doesn't, if it's clearly in her will that the contents go to her family, then he would be stealing if he takes them...and I think the tenant has every right to sit firm and go to the courts for his legal notice. I foresee something similar happening when my son's mother in law eventually dies, she owns a bungalow in Scotland which her son and wife live in..he has his own house as well...and he's already telling my daughter in law that he will keep the bungalow and give her " a bit of cash" although her mum makes it clear in her will that it is to be sold and divided equally between them. Money really doesn't bring out the best in some people, does it?

my mother never let the 4 of us be in the same place. as soon as she died I found out why. she had no money really, a council house, but it still split us.

ooo a 3 bed house, think of the room you will have!

I want this bungalow, im already waiting for the phone to ring tomorrow. must realise this can go on for months. cry on Tuesday when I don't get it and fall in love with another on Wednesday. must remember that at 3am when im too busy decorating the new place to sleep lol

Suzeanna, he knows but he does not care. Some people just go through like taking whatever they want until someone hopefully stops them. It's a toddler mentality. "I want! Mine! Gimme! Waaaah!" I think he is heading for some time out on the naughty chair. Good thing we have the blighter outnumbered.

It is strange that some people can go for years doing what they please and thinking other folk don't matter. The person in question is neither homeless nor cash strapped but in fact very wealthy.

Money really doesn't bring out the best in some people, does it?

My mother always said if you want to see the true nature of people wait till someone dies with out a clear will

My mother always said if you want to see the true nature of people wait till someone dies with out a clear will

Even when there is a clear will some people will still cause upset and try grabbing - and even though you know its very possible it'll happen they are still quite capable of stirring things up when everyone else is grieving. Thankfully my brother and I were determined not to allow anyone to come between us and despite some bumpy moments we have stayed close and on good terms but it has meant keeping one of our last remaining family members from our mothers side of the family at arms length, its a real shame.

My Dad solved the problem in advance, he told my sister she will have a book and I am going to have a glass bedside water jug with glass. The rest will go to his new wife and her 2 kids. As my sister has two kids, so that they could each have something from "grandad" I told him to leave both items to her. Stuck now as she is due number three in March. Maybe he will be generous and allow her to have something else too...

Edited by murtle

Good luck with the bungalow, Jazz.

Glad you are getting into a home of your own at last, louisebt.

My aunt did leave a clear will. Her stepson has simply decided he does not like it. He has a history of vulture-like behaviour after the death of business associates and also relatives. Re the tenant, he says he is 79 and has waited long enough for the house so he wants tenant out immediately.

My mum has made a very clear will, with funeral paid and with detailed instructions about everything. I am very grateful to her for that as she is now not in a state to make one.