UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Hope your vax drive goes well HLGS.

The snow seems to be very localised. None here but friends only 15 miles to the east have it, and so do those 10 miles south. We have it forecast for Weds which is the day my sister comes up to see the minister with me, and to sort out various other important things. I bet we will end up doing everything with her on the phone, I don't want her to drive in snow.

my friend is looking for a dog. she got onto a Lhasa rescue. she was getting a dog/cat friendly girl, but got a call saying shes now getting a male, not cat tested, and is coming today. hes coming straight from the owner to my friend, and the rescue wants £175 for that! ive said don't do it. the owner hasn't rung her to tell her about him, nothing

awful

My colleague at work, who already has one rescue dog, is buying a puppy from the people who own their local pub as their dogs had an 'accident'. I've told her there are plenty of puppies in rescue but she's not listening. Not to mention the fact that her and her husband are at work all day so the pup will be left with a grumpy old dog with mobility problems.

im waiting to hear how my friend got on, don't want to ring her. bet she rings when I get into bed lol

I opened the bag of BBQ ribs from the microwave, my favourite. took the ribs out, carried the bag to the bin

your ahead of me now ....

yep. up the walls, floor, sides

the dogs have washed the floor. my clothes are in the wash. got to clean the rest up yet

Edited by Jazz

my friends just rung

the transporter was in a rush so didn't stop

when she read the report. 1st home was moving and didn't want him. man with Labradors took him in but didn't like him.

hes bitten a child. hes not met cats

hes very laid back, but humping the resident female dog. he has been done. pulls like a train on the lead

the exact opposite of what they told the rescue they wanted

watch this space .....

oh, hes called gizmo

Cheesus Alex. I commiserate with you.

One of nephews let his live -in girlfriend talk him into buying her a German Shepherd pup. They travelled to the Isle of Man to pick it up just before Christmas. He is in the army and serves away most of the time. She is a ditzy self absored bimbo who is out at work all day and has a 45 minute commute.

She thinks its perfectly alright to leave a young pup at home all day. My sister, her potential mother-in-law, told her in no uncertain terms that she shouldn't expect to take the pup to her to look after during the day. My sister isn't really an animal lover but she recognises that you cannot leave a pup alone all day. She was hoping to get them to reconsider before they actually picked the pup up.

I don't know what the state of play is and I don't want to know. I can't understand a breeder letting a pup go to such an unsuitable home. If they've gone ahead with it I'll bet by now the girlfriend has got fed up & been hawking the pup to anyone who will give her ££. She won't let the poor thing go to a rescue if she can make some money out of it.

Hello, I've not been on for ages and just thought I'd pop in to see who was about.

Owl, I'm really sorry to hear about your Mum passing and send you hugs (I'm just that sort of person - not everyone likes hugs but you get them anyway!!)

Best wishes for 2015 to everyone :)

Why are some people so stupid about pups? Another why...why am I suddenly typing in italics??

I've got a date for my follow up mammogram, 30th January. 99% of me thinks all will be fine, the other percent is wibbling already! I'm slightly concerned about the scar area on my boob, it feels very warm, although not painful. Don't see why there should be infection after all this time, but knowing my luck, there is. I developed pleurisy twice when I didn't even have a cold, and when my kids were 6 and 4 I got a breast abscess, which the doctor said should be impossible if you aren't breast feeding!