UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Rest in peace Owl's Mum. It does sound like a release but tough for you Owl to lose an Auntie and Mum is such a short space of time. Be kind to yourself. I am sure you have soldiered on through this for months if not years and imagine that you could well feel tired for some time now that you no longer have to fulfil a supporting role.
I still have patches of feeling drained more than a year of losing Dad. You think you are doing better then something happens to knock you back again.

Morning everyone. You are of course quite right about the tiredness. I can't sleep in the day or end up being awake all night, so will simply try to chill out and not panic. Today I am seeing the undertaker to sign forms, and phoning registrar and solicitor to make appointments. Those are the only things which must be done today.

My sister is calling the minister and will arrange funeral with him. As she is a retired minister herself she is very used to this kind of thing. I am rather dreading it as there will be a load of people there and at reception afterwards and I won't know many of them, and I always find social occasions difficult.

Owl I couldn't face the funeral tea after my grandad's funeral. (My grandad was effectively my dad) I excused myself from going to it and nobody thought badly of me for it. I went home and slept very soundly for a few hours. I'd been running on empty for a while and needed it. Damn convention and doing what is expected of you. Look after yourself missus :GroupHug: