UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

It would appear that sanity, common sense and lawful conduct are winning the day. CAB have been a great help to the tenant, and the norty person in question has realised he is outnumbered by people who want everything done in correct and lawful manner.

I am the worse for wear, due to finding a starving young ferret on the wildlife reserve. He feasted on dog biscuits, then my lunchtime snack, then had a piece of owl for dessert :unsure: He is overnighting at a local dog rescue, enjoying B&B in a dog crate, before being collected by ferret rescue tomorrow.

• Like 1

I am fine, left hand is swollen where ferret grabbed and hung on but I think it is just bruising. Small hole on right thumb seems ok. Both injuries covered in manuka honey then plaster on top.

I think he was only a baby so did not have big teeth. He was starving, which leads me to believe he had been taken out hunting for the first time then dumped as no good. If he was a hunter he would not have been hungry for long on the reserve. Glad we found him before he learned! He would not have been a welcome guest on the reserve where many birds will be breeding this spring.

I have a will but it needs updating. I made provision for my gang of 7 cats and they are now all at the Bridge. I've stipulated in it that I want a non-religious funeral with the cheapest coffin they can find and that I've to be cremated. I trust the brother next to me in age to carry out my wishes and have also discussed it with his daughter in case he goes before me. I trust her too.

It's really cold here. I had a bad nights sleep as the site of my extracted tooth was bothering me. I have a load of work to do so taking all into consideration I rang Naomi, the new DW, and asked her to come for Archie today. She can only fit him in at 2pm so he's having to wait but he will enjoy himself all the more. They are going for an hour-and-half.

Right break over, back to the grind!

thank you xxxx

my uncle replyed to my text, checking I was ok. lovely man

my hands are bad again, bugger, dropped a bottle of pills on the floor. think ive picked all of them up, but will hoover just in case. good job these don't grab anything

I have trouble with my hands Alicia which makes my packing job a bit difficult at times. Yesterday I dropped 4 gross of pencils on the floor and it took me ages to pick them all up, sort them into the right degrees and then get them facing the same way. I then went into the kitchen and dropped everything I picked up in there. I'm glad to say that today my hands are being a bit more co-operative. You don't realise how important your hands are until you start having trouble with them.

Archie was so pleased to see Naomi when she came for him. He's having one on one with her so she is going to try his commands out and see how he performs for her although she's already seen him doing all he is asked by Esther. I don't forsee a problem and he will love it as he really responds to being "worked" if you know what I mean.

My mum went over the Bridge very suddenly in her sleep at 11.30 this morning. One minute she was resting in her recliner, next minute she was gone. The staff were very upset. I feel a bit shaken up but not sad. It was seeing her struggling to speak when she could not remember the words, that is what made me feel like crying. She spoke a bit on her birthday on Christmas Day, and was lucid for a few minutes on Jan 2nd, but the rest of the time she was completely out of it and last time I visited she did not recognise me. I feel as if she has been released from some horrible imprisonment. I am sure I would feel the same even if I did not believe in an afterlife. RIP Clarice Maizel.