UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Not sure Griff, he wasn't renowned for his selfless behaviour! Although she never came round to see what was up when he didn't answer his phone either so all peculiar. She doesn't live far away, (still in reading) but in 10 years of living here I think i have seen her once maybe twice.

Seems to be a spell of sadness, sorry, Bens best friends mums just died as well.

....and the weather has turned most vile here too...wet and windy!

Car (front driver side) spring apparently has gone kaput, not that I know what that means I just nodded wisely when he told me 😄 hopefully it will be mended today though.

We had some very nice vinyl stuff laid when George was here and having fits thus weeing everywhere. It got damaged during the renovations we did several years ago so we covered it over in the dining room but left it in the hall as, by this time, George would get caught short in the night and pop down for a pee in the hall :rolleyes: I just brush it and then steam it with the steam mop - it's so easy to maintain. Although from time to time you have to put a clear top coat on it to keep it looking shiny.

Murtle I hope you get the door sorted and it's not expensive.

I used to work in 5 star hotels and you were expected to recognise repeat guests. Some were easier to remember than others - not always for good reasons! Of course we had no trouble recognising the famous ones although on occasion you could pass one in the corridor and wonder where you had seen them before as they do look a little different in real life than when you see them on the big screen or TV.

These days we get people returning to the holiday homes on the street, especially the one directly opposite us, and they will greet you like an old friend and you have no recollection of having met with them the year before!

That does sound odd Murtle, mind you i can't say much as i have nothing to do with my family and one lives a 2 minute walk away!! Sorry to hear about your friends mum

I got our flooring off ebay and it cost £140 and my kitchen looked lovely, got slate effect in the kitchen and black laminate in the bathroom as i don't do well with light colours, destroyed the light laminate in the bathroom with pink hair dye Lol

I am great at recognising faces but hopeless with names. A patient who I tested might come in to collect glasses and unless they were a delight to test or a total pain in the ass. I wouldn't remember their name!

Tonight I was invited to a reception with the hotel manager as a repeat guest, it was quite nice, but am feeling a bit tipsy as the bar man keeps bringing me beer. It's only 7pm :laugh:

I did my pool dives today, they were ok, lots of skills to do. I have my open water dives tomorrow, am imagining I will have to repeat some skills again. Wish I could just dive and enjoy looking at the sights, but I suppose I need to demonstrate I'm not going to do anything stupid underwater!

• Like 1

YANTAN this was on a facebook page this morning

A word of warning for dog owners in South Lakeland. A reliable dog owner has posted that a couple of 'suspicious' characters are scouring the area in a Silver Transit Van and questioning home owners if they/neighbours have a dog/yard & garden access etc. They were seen in Endmoor today by several people. If these are indeed dog snatchers (often to get bait dogs for dog fighting) they often 'mark' a potential property (e.g. A chalked letter on your house number/gate post etc) and will possibly return at a later time, particularly if they know you let your dog out into a front/rear yard/garden and leave it unattended. Do please share this around Kendal and the surrounding area.

the facebook page is called Pawcraft, i know you live in the lakes

Thanks Griff. I am in the north lakes but no saying how far they will travel. Although I am thinking I have heard this particular rumour before :worried_anim: Neither Endmoor or Kendal is in the Lake District!

These so called warnings have been circu;ating for years but the origin can never be traced. They are always second or third hand.

Particualry the fact that they leave a mark on the house. Why noy just do the job there and then, why risk coming back at a a ;ater time.

One such 'warning' quoted t to contact a perticular police station to reprt suspicious people but the said police had no knowledge of it.

Snopes is worth checking

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/dogstickers.asp