UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

I saw the news this morning and was optimistically excited for you Sam. Hope things stay calm and the new guy is better.

It is still quite windy here Yantan.

Feel like I have been run over by a tractor. I don't know why I get so tired being at home in this flat...very odd. However, I found some vouchers from my birthday last year so have treated us o a new kitchen bin! Our last one has lasted nearly 12 years so a change will be nice!!

I hope the Sri Lanka changeover really does go smoothly and peacefully, for everyone who lives there. I think the swearing in of the new president was due at 12.30 our time but I can't see any coverage.

They did do the swearing in today and we do have a new president , the previous President tried to get the attorney general to introduce a state of emergency over night and the election nulled as it as clear he was losing ! meanwhile half his family have fled the country

Moaning :tired:

Thanks for the tips Marion :flowers:

Sam - I drink lots of water usually so I don't think it's that but thankfully it went fairly quickly once I'd taken a couple of tablets :flowers:

I missed the fantastic news about Sri Lanka, which has sadly been overshadowed by the tragic events in Paris :( It's tragic really but we have to remember that these people are not representative of an essentially peaceful and respectful religion, they are twisting it into something violent to suit their own sick ends. We have a muslim lad in our team and I'm always bombarding him with questions because I am genuinely interested to understand more about their religion and feelings towards these nutters. I wish more people would find out more about it rather than just watch the news because obviously they only report the most extreme cases. He's taught me so much that I wouldn't have known otherwise. Interesting fact - Jesus Christ is mentioned more in the Quran than the Prophet Muhammad is. Also, religious images are not 'banned' as such, it's an unspoken rule that out of respect they don't make religious images. That includes pictures of Christ which are also considered disrespectful.

Edited by merledogs

My new phone is being delivered today - the LG G3. Couple of people in my team have it and it's fantastic - it was voted best mobile phone in 2014. The screen clarity and size are fab so I can watch telly through Sky Go. You can turn it into a WiFi hotspot as well, which up to 8 people can connect up to. I got it on Three Mobile network so got 4G for no extra cost, plus 600 minutes a month, unlimited texts and unlimited data (only £30 a month). You can use your minutes for 0800 calls (which are charged at premium rate on other networks) and you can even use your minutes abroad in certain countries without paying any extra. I'm excited!

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

I though "sod it" and took the dogs out, then nipped to Sainsbos, the Post Office and my local bakery. For breakfast I'm having fresh baked bread (still warm) with sausages with caramelised onion. Also bought some pies from the bakery, who will sell then to you unbaked (cheaper too) so may have one of them for my lunch. Not very healthy! Got all my errands done now to wait for the man from Parcel Post. According to the tracking they only received it in Manchester at 08:10 this morning, so it'll be a while yet.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1