UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

Bob & Meggie Moo :GroupHug: , do you have photos of Demi , Jim and Lilly :heart:

Cripes its been a few years since I worked for money !!! , the very last Railway job I did was the new concourse roof at Kings Cross in 2012 and Mark left his job in March 2013. Now we work full time for Dogstar and live in a wooden house on the beach with a nutty puppy farm reject rottie called Bruno ( Mr Gru ) and 2 cats Dennis and Tiger Lily

Sounds a whole lot less well paid but many times more rewarding :)

Doh! I just posted a hoooooj reply but in the November thread, now can't edit it and move it but I can post pics here

demiinrape.jpg

jimtopfield.jpg

lillyundertreea.jpg

• Like 2

beautiful photos Paul :heart:

I work longer hours than ever , for no money ! but your 100 % right its very rewarding ( and bloody challenging ) but its very much the right place for us to be and the right work , I would not go back to Railways now and 10 years ago I could never have seen myself not working on railways for my entire career

funny how these things work out eh !

• Like 1

Alex don't tell anyone but some mornings I get up and don't think I can do it either !

Today I have had a meeting at the Controlled Drugs and Devices authority to get clearance to import gas anaesthesia equipment into Sri Lanka

Next stop Ministry of Defence for Marks visa

then hopefully the dentist to get my new crowns fitted as one of the temp ones fell of yesterday

• Like 1

We put the new tree up last night. It's a bit of a dog's dinner but I like it :)

I am going to the P.O shortly to renew my driving licence. I can't believe it's 10 years since the last time. Back then it was only when I got a producer, after trying to beat temporary traffic lights and ended up going through just as they turned red, that I realised that I hadn't changed my licence from my previous address and had to rush to get it off to DVLA. A very lovely and understanding PC gave me extra time when it didn't come back in time. I can remember every little detail of that particular week. I just can't believe how fast the time has gone since 2004!

Sam I did a few years in front line rescue a long time ago so I know how wearing it is. I take my hat off to you and give thanks daily for you and people like you who step up to help all animals :GroupHug:

Good, hope you get something suitable very soon Jazz :flowers:

I've cleaned the flags in the front garden as best I can without the use of a power washer.

Renewing my driving licence was a breeze at the P.O with them doing the digital photo and taking a digital signature. I was all done in under 5 minutes.

I'm going to have some lunch soon and then tidy the sitting room, which still has boxes of Christmas decorations littered all around from last night, then I will steam clean the hallway and entry way and if there is any time left before I have to start making tea I shall have a nice sit down.

I would absolutely love to have a puppy and have been hankering after one for a while now. Sadly, sensible head has been put on, but only since my husband is 75 and I am 70, so it just wouldn't be practical. We could manage a pup fine, but just can't really say we will be here for another 15 years to outlive any new addition. All the puppy madness doesn't put me off at all, it's just the old age thing. This is one of the great sadnesses of my life and one which I will never get used to.

I would absolutely love to have a puppy and have been hankering after one for a while now. Sadly, sensible head has been put on, but only since my husband is 75 and I am 70, so it just wouldn't be practical. We could manage a pup fine, but just can't really say we will be here for another 15 years to outlive any new addition. All the puppy madness doesn't put me off at all, it's just the old age thing. This is one of the great sadnesses of my life and one which I will never get used to.

could you foster puppies ? I am sure a lot of rescues would need good foster homes for pups

Hello all :wave4:

Helloooooooooo

then hopefully the dentist to get my new crowns fitted as one of the temp ones fell of yesterday

another one started to work loose today and the dentist is seeing me tomorrow , oh woe is me and my teeth !!!

the council have rung

I can bid on over 55s bungalows! yeaaaa

it has to have a wetroom, private garden and no steps, but if one comes up ill be bidding

Well thats very good news indeed , happy bidding

Been to the post office, I think they think I am a little odd with large parcels of tennis balls sent!!

I can't believe it is the 2nd today. We travel to Spain for Christmas on the 16th and I have booked myself busy between now and then. Am looking forward to 3 weeks of me time to focus on my projects (including Dogstar stuff Sam) and work out my goals for 2015.

Love and hugs to all from a snotty Murtle

xxxx

Bugger Jazz. That's awesome news. Will keep my fingers crossed for a quick perfect place for you.

xxx

ooo hold my tongue!

on a forum where I was good friends with the boss. she didn't want to know me once I wasn't running round for her

she has just had a go on her forum, so publically, that its stupid to move and to just put ramps in.

ive put 'I wouldn't move if I didn't have to'

lets see if she replyed

and breathe ......