UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

hahahaha the elephant who poo's on the loo....brilliant

had to ensure i was up today as mum was taking deagan to the vet for me..... spay day for her!!!!! she has trotted off quite happily with my mum and going in a taxi for the first time, not sure how the hell i am going to keep two pups quiet, have requested sedatives for deagan but may end up taking them myself

Owl. ((())). Sam, at least Bruno has you.

After ten days of turmeric AND a Bioflow collar I can report a big improvement in Ben's walking and general well being. He wanted to play 'shove' the other day! You know, bums and heads, which can be a bit hurty with a Newfie. He is still stiff in his back legs when getting up but is now more willing to take short walks so hopefully his muscles will improve with exercise.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR To EVERYONE. There were suitable emoticons but they are not appearing!!!

Edited by Mommy Bear
  • Like 3

Sam, Supervet was on last night, and he operated on a young Labrador with very similar sounding problems...four ops later the dog is doing very well, and it's the first time in his young life he's without pain. Hate to think what it cost though. Our late GSD had very bad hips although his parents had good hip scores, but despite them he lived a good life, apart from having to be lifted into and out of the car, bit of a struggle as he was a very big dog. He died of a heart attack aged nine, completely out of the blue.

My son's mother in law is still hanging on...they cleared up her urine infection but now she's back in hospital with a chest infection which isn't responding to ab's, poor Eileen really hates being in hospital. It sounds horrible but I wish she'd just go, she's suffering and so are the family. :unsure:

A Merry Christmas to you too, Mommy Bear!

Edited by suzeanna

There is no one here that can do hip operations its way way too advanced even for my best vets , we would have to find a overseas vet willing to come over if surgery is an option

I have asked a vet friend at a UK referral hospital if they can look at his x rays for me , then I really know what we are up against

There is no one here that can do hip operations its way way too advanced even for my best vets , we would have to find a overseas vet willing to come over if surgery is an option

I have asked a vet friend at a UK referral hospital if they can look at his x rays for me , then I really know what we are up against

My friend's lab had no hip sockets at all so there was no surgery available for him.

He also had osteochrondritis Dissecans ( OCD) in one front elbow. He lived happily until he was 11 , when his front elbow gave way. As he carried his weight on his front legs he could no longer walk.

He never showed signs of pain but did have an intermittent mechanical limp and sat with one leg stuck out to the side..

The vet said as he had been born like that he had never known any difference and was used to the pain.

Latterly he was on Rymadil and accupuncture for his elbow.

He was bred from good working stock and his breeder was devastated when this discovered when he was six months old.

so sorry to hear about Bruno, my mates lab had dodgy hips, needed hip replacements but they woul have to wait until he stopped growing and also the owners couldn't afford it, they did hydro and pain relief with him to build the muscles up around his hip joints to keep them in

Yantan, thankyou so much for the card, was very unexpected and a lovely surprise

Suzeanna, hope your sons MIL doesn't suffer much longer

merledogs, hope you have a speedy turn around of your car and it is soon back shiny and good as new

got the pup back from her spay, thank god we got her blood checked, her white cell count is low so she is on antibiotics and needs to go and get retested on friday, hopefully after some antibiotics she will be o.k, the vet went ahead with the op as she is so bright and happy he didn't consider anything too serious to be wrong....plus i would have wanted it done anyway, he says if it still isn't right friday he will send it out for testing.... he did say something about auto immune diseases but we will wait and see

Sorry to hear about Bruno Sam :GroupHug:

Hope Deagan recovers well from her spay :flowers:

Glad to hear Ben is doing well on his Tumeric and bio flow. Charlie is pretty creaky now (but he is 15 on 1st Jan), we bought him some tablets, but the fussy bugger won't eat them and they are a bit big to pop at the back of his mouth...

Just watching supervet now, it's amazing what they can do!

Still got the lurgy. Am a bit fed up of it now.