UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

i have just bathed my stinky poopies, my white pup was grey but will now pass the daz doorstep challenge and kota well she is just shiny and black all the time but she smells lush now

Kota came via gumtree and i love her to bits but she is the dog who has been the hardest work.... she is gradually getting there, should soon be getting her silver kc award but was a real nightmare to begin with...my parents tried to say it was as we hadn't had a pup for so many years but now we have deagan we can see there was a problem with her, i am convinced she came from a puppy farm and when i mentioned that to her old owners they never bothered keeping in touch after that

Jazz, glad you have been reassessed and can now bid on over 55's properties

right, better go and hoover up the shavings from the door

I do have to say that some rescues can be a nightmare with their blanket restrictions for homing. The rspca wouldn't home kittens with me as I work full time, even though work is really quiet at the moment, so I am off work more than I am in work. Walter and Jessie came from a friend's mum who had taken in a pregnant stray. I can understand why people would go to a breeder, but getting a puppy when you work full time isn't ideal, but it can be done - we did it with all of ours.

I put my Christmas tree up yesterday, Walter and Jessie haven't paid much attention to it at all :wub: :) Hopefully this will stay the case :laugh: Have done some of my tax stuff today, my brain is totally scrambled now, but am chilling on the sofa having Jessie cuddles :wub:

I know some rescues can be hard to re home from but they did not even try to approach a single one and a good rescue could have found them a suitable dog to their circumstances

They brought the dog on impulse from a number in the free ads , it's a "farm" and half the litter are bring sold and half remaining to work

Their youngest child is terrified of dogs and they want a puppy to help her get over that

I think a good rescue would have handled the situation very differently and not agreed to let them collect a working cocker unseen 2 days later

• Like 1

Just popping in for a peep. . Oh, and a question. Anyone know anything about turmeric for pets and peeps. I fell over a page on FB extolling its virtues. Anyone have experience?

Turmeric is the new wonder treatment and people are claiming it can cure everything and I doubt it would do any harm but its eaten all the time here in Sri Lanka and people and animals here still get sick ! unless you need a lot more of it than we do here ?

I do know a lady here that swears by it on mangey dogs with neem oil

Mommy bear, we used tumeric as an anti inflamatory with diesel, did her no harm. I think there is a paste thing that you are supposed to mix up and use freshly ground black pepper with it too, a friend of mine uses it... i just used the plain tumeric with diesel as i didn't know about adding stuff

Mommy bear, we used tumeric as an anti inflamatory with diesel, did her no harm. I think there is a paste thing that you are supposed to mix up and use freshly ground black pepper with it too, a friend of mine uses it... i just used the plain tumeric with diesel as i didn't know about adding stuff

As I understand it because it is not water soluble the turmeric has to be mixed with a cold press oil (olive, coconut,flax) and the pepper assists absorption. Turmeric only stays in the system for about eight hours so supposed to be taken 2/3 times a day in small amounts, starting at 1/4 teaspoon and gradually increasing. I have made up the paste for Ben, more in desperation than hope. He is on Previcox and Gabapentin but still limps with an arthritic shoulder and now he is exhibiting weakness in his back legs. I am fearing the worst and I think a vet visit about his back legs is needed. Apparently The main benefit of turmeric is that it is an anti inflammatory.

Edited by Mommy Bear

I DONT BELIEVE IT!

how many months have I been complaining the british gas haven't been taking money out of my account, and when they do they take double?

they still arnt taking any out. this has been going on since January!

just spoke to the complaints team

her.. I have set it up, its all done, are you happy?

me ... I dont know till its taken out as everyone else has said that

her ... I have done it, are you happy?

me ... I wont know ..

she carried on like this till I said yes

we shall see

it shows how little I use as im still £3 in credit