UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

People are out every day looking for pug. Owner making slow progress, still in much pain. Hope police catch the hit & run driver, but we don't know what is happening there as obviously any developments are being kept secret. Stupid person, will be a custodial sentence for sure.

Out tracking a different dog yesterday, but it was quite fun as all off road through fields. Wispa got a good scent which led us to an area not searched yet, huge expanse of arable fields with thick hedges and deep dry ditches. Horse riders are now taking the search forward as we could trek round after him for hours and not catch up.

You would have laughed to see me yesterday, getting down into a 4 ft deep dry ditch and hauling myself up the other side by holding on to branches. Still getting vegetation out of my hair! Wispa of course crossed the obstacle with one mighty leap and sat looking at us bipeds in a superior way.

That's them! Thank you Kelly :flowers: And it's nice to see you :biggrin:

I really only had a clue because we have some sprouting in our front garden right now. Well we did, I've had to chop it down as it actually sprouts out over the pavement rather than staying in our garden. Good to see you too :)

Our park is split into two and known locally as "the new park" and "the old park". The old park is less formal than the new which has decorative flower beds and carefully manicured lawns for bowls and tennis. Dogs are allowed off lead in the old park but there are signs up at the entrance to the new park to keep your dog on a lead. I don't go to either park much but whenever I do, like this morning, I can guarantee that virtually all owners walking in the new park have their dogs off lead :rolleyes: Why give the anti-dog brigade any more ammunition! Grrrrrrr.

It's awfully humid here.

The second lot of builders at the other next door neighbours started up with a hell of a racket around 8.30 this morning. They also started on the house being turned into a holiday let 3 doors down and are chucking things into a skip which jars me every time something else goes in. They have thrown a carpet out and just why they didn't think to line the bottom of the skip with it as a bit of soundproofing is beyond me.

I chanced filling a tote bin with work yesterday despite not having the master sample to check how the pencils went in. I thought it was a good bet that the degrees would follow how they are listed on the cardboard outer. Not so! So now I have to undo them all and change them round. I was trying to get ahead of myself but instead have put myself behind now.

And as you can see I am sitting here prevaricating instead of getting on with it :rolleyes: :whistle:

Marion, i also get annoyed at those who ignore restrictions on dogs.

When we travelled on the ferry to the Hebridees dogs were allows on the outer deck or in a specific covered area with a tiled floor.

One person had his sheltie sitting up on the upholstered seats in the passenger area.

Why do these people think they are special and can do what they want?

At the end of the day the responsible owners will be hit with bans that they don't deserve.

• Like 2

Wotcha going to make with the elderberries yantan??? just coz we have loads in the woods here so if it was simple i may have a crack. Sorry you have had to redo all your work

Snow, hope things have quietened down with the planes, we had the police helicopter, i always get nervous when i hear it as i got grabbed by the police after the helicopter watching me.... hardly likely to be on a crime spree with a manic staffy in tow

Blackmagic, you are right, sadly the numpty few ruin it for the rest of us, just round the corner from my house is tiny strip of land, i have made sure the council lads cut the grass regular as it seems to stop people allowing their dog to mess, went out this morning with Kota and lo and behold a massive pile of mess...... i always feel guilty even though it wasn't my dog

parents house is now sky blue...my dad will be thrilled my mum will be really annoyed Lol.... i like living on the edge, i think it will look really nice one it is all finished with the upvc frames cleaned and the small piece of wood repaired, my neighbour said it looked nice...i hope she doesn't copy us