UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Slum Dogs , We Care ! Working With Street Dogs In The Former War Zone

Earlier this week Dogstar's team traveled 380km the far north region of Jaffna. Still in the throws of being rebuilt from the aftermath of a twenty-six year civil war. This once vibrant city is now home to over 4000 roaming dogs rummaging through mountains of rubbish daily to survive.
With our in country partners we have undertaken a huge animal welfare project to sterilised and rabies vaccinate over 3500 roaming dogs in the city area
Jaffna2014_zpsa6f2ba6a.jpg
malnourished young female , recently lactating , swollen area is a TVT ( Sexually transmitted cancer )
Bus_zpsf512170b.jpg
Adult female , mange , recently lactating
Beachside_zpsfa4b073b.jpg
Adult male , mange and open wounds
10500588_10152603020434470_5185065073639
Roaming dogs ( male and female ) on coastal area , unsterilised , unvaccinated , suffering from Mange and eating rubbish from the roadside
Sadly these are not an isolated dogs , this could be anyone of the 4000 + roaming dogs the dog population survey indicate are living in this area,
Its hard to look at but we have committed to help these innocent dogs and the communities they live in
I know I don't post here nearly as often as I should , I just seem to run out of time a lot nowadays but I wanted to share this with you as many of you do support our work and I wanted you to see the dogs we are able to help
Sam