UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jolly Japes

Jazz

Helloooo from Egypt :biggrin:

Got to the hotel about an hour ago, hotel is lovely and we have free wifi :biggrin: I got to have a look in the cockpit of the plane after we had landed (as I have some toy dragons accompanying me on this trip and the idea is to get pics of them in places all over the world!). This was a total dream come true for a plane nerd like me :laugh:

E422C92D-C8CA-463B-AF07-1B4C740805C5.jpg

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Glad you got there in one piece Jayne :flowers: When my ex-OH and I took his 13 year old twins to Florida in 2001, we got taken into the cockpit whilst the plane was in flight and it was awesome. We were very lucky to have the experience because a few hours after we landed back at Heathrow the twin towers went down :( On the same flight we went through an electrical storm and the power cut out, followed by the plane dropping for a few seconds, which seemed to go in slow motion, which wasn't so nice!

Edited by merledogs

Alicia do they get in grass a lot? Archie is bothered every summer by grass mites.

Sam and Alex you always look lovely in photos to me and are even more gorjuss in real life. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sam if you win the lottery will you please buy me a new washing machine? I washed the hall runner yesterday and the rubbery backing came off and has crapped the machine up :(

• Like 1

oh dear Yantan, that is not good, hope you get it sorted out

Jazz, good luck at the vets, do you have a lot of foxes near you?

Gooster, glad you arrived safely, how nice they let your dragons visit the cockpit Lol

nothing to report here, still feel cack

fleas and flea allergy. so strongest stuff hes got as nothing else is working.

poor merlin was so scared he put a muzzle on him to do his jabs. you would have used it as a ring it was so small lol

back to spraying everywhere

Oh dear sorry to hear that Jazz, advocate is the only thing i use on my lot, yes it is expensive but as it does lungworm as well deffo worth it for me having a dog who eats slugs and a cat

just had the most awful thing happen, dakota is in the vets...... she ripped open a bag of cat and dog repellent granules...totally shredded the bag and as it has garlic in it i rang the vets, they checked with my vet and he asked me to take her in, they have kept her and are going to make her sick and hopefully she won't have any lasting damage, i only let her out whilst i took my tablets....... feeling guilty as hell

It's really hard Jazz. One of our cats has a flea allergy and it only takes one bite (as in, in the woods and flea bites him, then he comes home...no fleas, but he will flare up).

We treat all of them every 4 weeks (6 in winter) tho has helped hugely xxx

Omg griff hope Dakota is ok and the vets can treat her successfully.

Edited to add, don't feel guilty. Hopefully all will be well xxx

xxx

Edited by murtle

We find it is the frequency of them being applied jazz. Have you got the new one that has worm and flea treatment in a liquid?

If so, that is what we have too, but then a plain flea treatment to apply four weeks after, and four weeks after that. It is the only way we can manage it with Cocoa. He has some scabs at the moment so we continually brush him to stop himself over grooming himself (cause then he looses hair and creates open wounds 😢).

Hope the treatment works though xxx

Any news Griff. xxx

Edited by murtle

Don't feel guilty Griff - stuff happens and I'll bet we can all own up having taken our eye of the ball for a moment and something has happened.

Still trying to unblock the mashing machine of the sludgey stuff :( Cara has said that if I haven't fixed it myself then Ian will take a look for me when he's next off work - Mon and Tues of next week. He is an engineer by trade and is very handy at fixing things. He did find the source of the battery drain on my old car when the garage failed to do so. I am thinking though from reading on the interweb that I may have buggered up the pump. However if I have to buy a new one and Ian can fit it it will still a lot cheaper than calling out the local repairman who has a call out fee before we even start.

advocate does the fleas and worms Murtle, you can get advantage as well but that doesn't do scabies, stronghold doesn't always successfuly treat mange as 2 of my friends dogs were given that by the pdsa and it was no good at all. I feel sorry for people whose pets have allergies, it is a complete nightmare

Yes there is news............ i have one puppy asleep on the sofa next to me, they called about an hour ago to say she had puked and could come home Lol, she has been an absolute nutter for them as well though so she must just be a mental case full stop. i am getting a man to come out to clear my garden.... i have never had to bother about leaving anything down before, even with the other 2 as puppies they never touched anything they shouldn't, i am thinking of getting the fella to take all my bark chips away and just go back to mud, i literally can't turn my back for a minute with her. i have never seen so many stones in my garden... i have no idea where it all comes from, i am literally just going to be left with grass and decking

• Like 1