UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jolly Japes

Jazz

Marion - can you ring NHS Direct because otherwise I'll only worry, please and thank you :flowers:

I've had a nice long (fast) walk with the dogs, followed by sawing down a metal pole in the garden, which was a right pain and am now drenched in sweat.

Having a sit down and an iced drink before I go and fill the hole under the fence which Timmy has dug. Plan is that me and next door neighbour and going to make a hedgehog thoroughfare in that corner - he's going to prop the bottom of the fence up with some blocks of wood between the concrete and fence panel and then build a little ramp for them to climb up and down again my side :wub:

Thanks Alex. I feel really awful. All I want to do is sleep. I keep going woozy, I can barely swallow coz it hurts so much and I'm aching all over. What could this be???

i had an extremely sore throat six weeks ago. Like you it was agony to swallow. I have never had a sore throal like it.

I couldn't drink anything hot or fizzy as it was like swallowing needles.

Paracetamol did nothing for it. Ibuprofen did nothing for it. Taking them alternatively, every two hours did make it bearable.

I had to time ot so that I could take one two hours before I went to bed and then the other when I went to bed. I would then sleep but wake up sore during the night so could take whatever I had not taken at bedtime.

I put up with it during the day so i could take them at night.

It lasted for a week like that then eased off over the next three of four days.

I still get a slight twinge at times so it must still be lingering.

I am loath to go the doctor because earlier this year I had 7 different courses of antibiotics of four different times and then a months low dose so I don't really want any more.

Another hot day again. I managed half an hour of weeding yesterday before I was puggled, hot and sweaty.

We are forecast to get rain tonight so that will make the weeds go woosh.

The dogs are spending all day lying inside where they can find a cool spot.

Have been to the walk in centre today about my breathing. Got seen by a rather fit doctor :biggrin: He listened to my chest, used the pulse ox thing on me and told me all my results were normal. He said that my pulse rate is actually much better than normal (66). He thinks it's because it's so warm and that is why I am struggling. He was happy for me to carry on as normal, but said if I am still feeling chesty in a few days, to go and see my gp. I'm off on Thursday, so if I'm no better by then, I'll go and see my gp :) Quite relieved really, as I was dreading them finding that a lung had collapsed or something and then me having to be admitted to hospital! I was also a bit worried about a dvt as I have recently flown, but he said my pulse rate would be all over the place if I had a dvt.

After that, I went to put Blue in the field (he's been in for a couple of days to be wormed) and then went to the gym :rolleyes: Managed to beat my distance on this month's gym challenge - am still in 3rd place, but I have bettered my original distance, so I'm happy with that (but would like to be top of the girls leaderboard like I was last month!).

Am now sat in mum and dad's garden, I bought them a hammock back from Mexico in 2009, mum has been faffing about with where it lives for ages. She then bought a new one, but it's too short for the original position, so now there is no hammock :rolleyes: They have gone away today and taken the comfy lounging chair with them in the caravan :angry: Thankfully I found a comfy ish chair that reclines, but the sun has gone in now :laugh:

Afternoon :tired:

Went out early doors with the dogs today and speed walked all the way round, so was knackered by the time we finished. Had brekkie and then gave the hall another coat of paint. Feeling sleepy now - do I have a nap or do I keep going? Need to dig a couple of big holes but the ground is hard because the weather's been so dry.

gardens mowed and swept

merlin has actually eaten the chicken foot instead of guarding it, good job the others don't want feeding yet, let that go down

that's 2 of them eating them, so pleased as I have a carrier bag full

Wow! Hot but fun weekend at The Agility Club Show in Ardingly this weekend. Didn't start the best having a puncture actually on the showground but got better from there....

Glen clear in Anysize Jumping...just to keep his paw in.

Luna 1 jumping and 2 agility clear rounds, she is getting better each time now.

Molly 4th in the Teams event (four dogs run as a relay) and 2nd in the Agility Club Starters Final, you have to qualify for this during the year and you run in the evening,with lots of people watching ringside and a commentator talking about you and your round as you work....scary!!

IMG_3819.jpg

The next photo is of some of our club members and their results this weekend, I am so lucky to belong to such a friendly and supportive club.

IMG_3807.jpg

• Like 2

Morning.

Well Done San :flowers: I was meant to be at the show yesterday, but had a migraine so didn't make it :(

Yantan, I hope you're feeling better today :GroupHug:

And Jayne, I hope you're breathing eases up soon :GroupHug:

I spent the weekend sorting more of the house. I now have double beds in both the bigger bedrooms - one borrowed from my parents, one I bought on ebay for cheap. One of the little rooms is set up as a craft room / office, and the other little room is empty but I'm borrowing a single bed off my sister to put in there. I need to procure some bed side tables and a chest of drawers or two, then I think the house is nearly ready to put on the market. No idea how I'm going to manage to keep it clean while its for sale, but will deal with that when I have to.

• Like 1

Sophie do you have a sale room anywhere near you - they are ideal for picking up furniture cheaply and fun to participate in too with the bidding. I once got a bathroom cabinet that I had previously seen in a showroom on sale at £35 for the princely sum of £1.50

Looks like you had a fun weekend Sandra. The pups look gorgeous :wub:

Thanks for all the get well wishes. I've had an awful weekend with a really sore throat, swollen neck glands, general aches and pains and sickness and a dire rear. I've not been able to hold anything down. Last night I had determined that I would phone my doctor's this morning but actually woke up feeling marginally better. I've been able to hold down a small pot of Petit Filous and eat a tangerine which have so far stayed down and I am sipping water all of which I couldn't do yesterday. Phebe thank you for telling me about your sore throat experience - it helps to know. I am sure that I will start feeling better when I start eating and drinking fluids more, especially the fluids. I am not that bothered that I have little or no appetite - that's a good thing!