UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Loobie, so sorry to hear of your troubles. No advice other than to follow up previously recommended avenues for help and to say thinking of you and hoping things improve quickly.

Bad news Ladies. James and Artem are leaving Strictlly ! Boo Hooooo. No point in watching :(

Sorry to run on and not be positive but things are really not good here. Stan had to have major surgery for a blockage, then had a reaction to the anaesthetic that nearly killed him. My youngest baby Liam has been depressed for a while and has started self harming, he was admitted to hospital. My heart is breaking for him and I don't know what to do. I still have no job and am sinking financially, I can't pay the rent and barely afford to feed us. I am applying for jobs every day but hearing nothing back at all. I am scared to leave Liam alone (he is scared to be on his own too). My life is imploding on me and I can't see a way to stop it

I'm sorry to bring the thread down

I am so sorry to hear this Loobs, I don't know what to suggest but I would hope there are some benefits available that can help you with the rent / food

Someone I knew became suicidal a few years back and tried to hurt themselves and their GP arranged for a mental health crisis team to get involved very quickly who were very helpful, I don't know if thats something that was just via their local health authority or if its a national thing but can you ask at your GP / hospital if there is a team to help you ?

Sam x

Thanks all xxxx

Liam has been assessed by a psychologist and is still awaiting his urgent referral through CAMHS (child and adolescent mental health services). There seems to be less available and a lot slower as he is younger (15yrs)

I am awaiting to hear about some benefit to help, and have been using food banks for a few weeks now. My landlord is not happy as I am behind with the rent and doesn't seem to want to wait till things get sorted

All the while I am trying to find a job as well, as that is what I need to keep us afloat

Only good thing is I still have Brian who is keeping me sane

And I have just got back from the bank after finding out my card has been cloned?? And what money was in there has gone - ah well it can't get much worse lol

Loobs have sent you a PM ,

I know when Aisling was between jobs after her company lost its local contact and she was made redundant she tried to sign on and they were so slow at doing anything for her that she had found and started another job before they had made a decision on if she was eligible.

Not quite the safety net it should be :(

Loobie have a :GroupHug:

Moaning :tired:

There's a particularly nasty virus on its way and there is a two week window to prepare (see Sky News link here). Also the usual applies, don't click on any links in emails or open attachments unless you are absolutely they are positive, especially if they come from someone you know and there seems to something a bit 'off' about the email.

• Like 1

Loobie :GroupHug: I'm so sorry things are going so badly at the moment. I really hope you can get the help and support you and your family need :GroupHug:

I lost all of yesterday to a migraine - went to bed at 9:30 on Sunday evening and didn't get up until 4:30 yesterday afternoon, with the exception of letting the dogs out for a wee twice. The dogs were so good - didn't ask for a walk or hassle me at all, just slept on the bed with me :) Love my dogs :wub: Head is mostly better today, but working from home in case it gets any worse again.

Loobie, i am so sorry to hear of your troubles.... i wish i had some money to help you out... you could then just worry about your lovely son

Merledogs, thanks for the link, my dad was telling me about that yesterday

Jazz, glad your son is seeing you sooner than expected

Sophie, hope you feel a lot better today