UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

Morning.

I have managed to sort out our buildings and content insurance this morning - for less than half the price our current insurances wanted for renewal :) It really does pay to shop around - we're normally lazy and just take the renewal as it is easier, so I'm glad I decided to see what else was available.

Glad the wet room is done Jazz :flowers:

Afternoon all :)

After surviving an 8 day working straight, I now have 3 days off :biggrin: Have painted my fence this morning and it actually looks ok. I did get my fence paint all over me, but it came off ok though in the shower :laugh: Going to blitz my house and wardrobe tomorrow and get rid of a load of clothes I no longer wear and take them to cash them in :)

Good news about your wetroom Jazz!

Sorry to hear about your family member Yantan, I know what a shock it was a couple of years ago when OH's brother was diagnosed with terminal cancer at only 60.

Speaking of OH, it is his birthday today and he had the day off work. The sun was shining so we had a pleasant drive over Beeley Moor, through Chatsworth and out to Bakewell, had a good stroll around the town and lunch there. It was quiet when we first got there and heaving by the time we left..tourist season seems to have arrived. Chilled in the garden in the afternoon and just eaten a Chinese takewaway washed down with a bottle of cava..all in all, a good day. According to the weather forecast we can expect heavy rain and thunder overnight and tomorrow, so we were lucky with the weather today.

Sounds like a very civilised day Suzeanna :flowers:

Missed your post about your family member Marion :GroupHug: to you all.

I have just had my teeth whitened. I have a friend who does laser teeth whitening and she had a space tonight, so thought I'd give it a whirl. I can't drink tea for 24 hours, but I can drink white wine, so it's not all bad :laugh: I have told her that if they glow in the dark like Ross from Friends, I'm going to get her :laugh:

Morning Alex,

Did you manage to get your bt/sky sorted out?

When we moved to rented accommodation weird our bt account with us, but they couldn't transfer the number, but said we could have it back on our return. Found out today they have allocated is 4 different numbers since we got back, but none are ours!!

*we moved (not weird)

Thank you - I was :confused: for a minute there :laughingsmiley:

Oh I got a nice new garden wheelie bin yesterday. The council had written our address on in white paint but I have added posh new decals with the address on too. It is currently residing in the front garden where I can keep my eye on it.

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear about your relative, Yantan.

One lady has come round to my way of thinking, which is good as she is really nice and has done lots to help her friend get her dog back. Like Jazz, she finds it hard to imagine a normally affectionate dog hiding and lurking like that. As for the terrier, the lady is willing to work with me but its her husband who says she must come to terms with the fact that she will never see her dog again and must not waste my time. So I have to do all the postering myself, and I can't get hold of a scent item. Wispa has been tracking her without one, because she will tell me about any dog who is on the loose with no human around. But it is a helluva lot harder for her and for me. It's like looking for a missing person without a photo! And we could end up with a completely different missing dog LOL. But the one Wispa is tracking is definitely a girlie, peeing on ground only. And the right size.