UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

I got one from the conservatives or labour personally addressed to me. It annoyed me as it meant I needed to shred it not just leave it in the paper collection.

We have our kitties home. They have nearly as much stuff as us!!

• Like 1

we are not on the electoral register where companies can buy it but obviously we are on the "electoral register", that i believe is available to councilors, we have also received personally addressed letters from the tories and labour and i think we may have had one from somebody else but i forget who, Yantan, i wouldn't worry about your postie thinking you are racist, you are probably one of a long list who he has delivered to

I have ripped the BNP leaflet up into tiny pieces and consigned it to the recycling bin where it rightly belongs. Thanks folks, it makes me feel a better that others have had them although I am sorry you got them too!

It's my bro's birthday today. We stopped buying each other presents a long time ago other than milestone ones but I like to pop something in the card - usually a lottery ticket or scratch card. It was a scratch card this time and he won £20 on it. It's not a huge amount but it's enough to take his missus out for a pub lunch :)

• Like 1

Look what (or who) found on our walk this morning:

marley_zps0072b920.jpg

No collar so took him to the vet to see if he was chipped. Thankfully he was so they rang the lady, who was happily shopping in the Trafford Centre, completely unaware that he was missing. Think hubby's going to be in trouble!

Glad the dog was reunited with his owner :)

Have been working today and I had a little girl booked in. She had been booked in a few weeks ago with one of the other opticians and it had taken then half an hour to get her to even sit in the chair. Her foster parents had taken her home and worked really hard to practice having her eyes tested and brought her back today, but her foster mum warned me that I might struggle with her. Not only did she sit on the chair no problems, but I managed to get most basic tests done with no real issues and get a prescription for glasses for her. At the end she came and gave me a big hug. I might have welled up a bit :) It's moments like this that make me absolutely love my job, and make up for all the arsey patients I have to deal with who make my job really difficult (had one this afternoon - I asked him how he felt his vision was and if he could see in the distance. His reply was something along the lines of 'you are the optician, you tell me if I can see'. Moron.)

• Like 2

Knackered, spent yesterday morning unpacking boxes then lunch with mum, sis, brother in law and kids. Omg am exhausted. They are lovely children but the whole meal is around them. As husband said afterwards, if my sister met with a mutual friend and friend asked how I was she wouldn't have a clue as we didn't actually talk much other than ready to order and what are the children doing....any hoo all done till the next birthday in October!!