UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

What an absolutely awful start weather wise to May...pouring with rain, and misty! I didn't think you could get both at once. On a more personal note, I've got a ruddy cold sore..first I've had for ages, typical when we are going to see the grandchildren on Sunday. I must be very careful to keep washing my hands and not kiss them. Can't do a lot about looking awful though (paper bag over head?)

Can't believe it is may already - how did that happen :eh:

I know! I got a shock when I realised it was May 1st today. The 5th month already. It seems that Christmas was only a couple of weeks ago. Well Archie and I both have birthdays this month. We are both in the oldies category.

I got locked out of my PC yesterday and had to mess with the registry to get it to work. I am not at all comfortable going into the registry but it worked! I am just hoping that once I switch off tonight I will still be able to sign in tomorrow.

Evie is coming to play with me tomorrow :)

Afternoon all

Its the Monsoon season here and we are having some massive storms most days , when it rains we lose the internet for around 8 hours till what ever it is that gets wet drys out . Can you imagine the sheer uproar in the UK if every time it rained there was no internet :wacko:

when the power and internet is on I am making arrangements for our most ambitious project to date , in June and July we are planning to run a sterilisation and vaccination clinic in Jaffna which is at the very top of Sri Lanka and over 10 hours away by road from here . Jaffna is where some of the worst fighting took place during the war and it was cut off for years and years.

The population there are Tamil so myself and my Sinhala/English speaking team will be using English as currently none of us speak Tamil . For nearly all of us it will be the first time we have ever gone to Jaffna and I think it will be quite an emotional project

We are working with a famous Department store so we expect a lot of local publicity

Sam

• Like 2

glad baddies dental went o.k

Suzeanna, i hope you are now feeling a lot better... hospitals and paperwork...nightmare, i really feel for the staff who cop it when they say you can go and 3 hours later you are still there giving them an earful Lol, i must admit since i got ill i have becomre really laid back about stuff like that... guess i really appreciate them saving my life

i am very sorry i have been reading but not posting too much, have been having a few issues and i am hoping my dr can sort it out for me!

my mum has just told me that some eastern european types have set up an encampment on the island near us.... we saw a geezer looking dead dodgy at the weekend and i can only assume he was checking the place out... typical, it is in the direction i need to go i just hope they are friendly and aren't the ones who have been in town ripping the jewelry from peoples necks... will leave mine at home just in case!

im on the morphine, cant cope

then my tooth chipped. got an appointment for tomorrow

I found parts of my sandwich in my slippers and up my sleeve. I think I ate some of it. Im sat here picking at my tooth. I cant feel it ... yet

Look after yourself Griff, Jazz and Suzeanna :flowers:

Hope the visit goes well Sam :flowers:

I can't believe it's May already!! Horses go out for summer on Sunday - I can't wait :biggrin:

A warning light appeared on Ana's dash yesterday :angry: Am very glad that she has a 12 month warranty, she is going back to Stockport Audi on Wednesday - am keeping everything crossed for an R8 as a courtesy car although I don't think I'll get lucky with that :laugh:

Just baking some flapjacks - didn't have enough butter, so have scaled down the recipe. Am hoping they work better than my attempt at flour tortilla wraps I did last night - they were very nice, but were a bit thick - they were more like naan bread :laugh:

Oooh I've wanted to make my own tortillas for ages Jayne - have you got a recipe that's easy to pass on?

Hope the Audi is quickly and simply sorted next week. I had a problem sorted on my car whilst it was still under warranty which I was thankful for as otherwise it would have cost a couple of hundred quid.

Good luck with the visit Sam :flowers: I hope things won't be too upsetting for you and the team as I can imagine that things may be a bit grim. I hope conditions will be better than expected.

I have no idea what to expect to be honest but its amazing to think next month we will be there providing a service that 5 years ago would have been impossible to ever believe we could go and deliver

• Like 1

Lol, your attempts at cooking sound a bit like mine Gooster, i generally never have what i actually need so end up winging it with what i have, today i have made liver cake for the puppy and it will go in the dehydrator so i will have a lengthy supply, it stated flour... didn't specify which so i used self raising flour.... it looks erm very large. Hope the car will be

o.k and is an easy fix, we had loads of trouble with the SRS light on our z4, couldn't get it put out, turns out it was warning us the battery was low

HLGS, good luck with your project

Jazz, hope you will be ok

Didn't see the eastern european peoples, they must have been on a different bit... mum said the info came off the police which means it could actually be somewhere completely different as they give cr*p info, we did however get soaked to the skin, will have to dive in the shower as the cat is back to the vet again as he is off his food again

What happened to April? :eh:

Could I be cheeky and ask the lovely fugees to vote for Oldies Club. The more votes we get the better the chance we have of winning £2000 which would be very useful

Hello :-)

Oldies Club is taking part in Direct Debit Big Break and we need LOTS of votes. Please take a minute to vote for us :-)
The good cause with the most votes each month will receive £2,000, then £1,000 for second place and the remaining £2,000 will be divided equally amongst the agreed number of runners up for that month.
or via text message – please text BIG BREAK 0616 to 78866. (Big Break advises that texts will be charged at your standard message rate.)
We are a volunteer-run charity and funds raised will be used to help beautiful old dogs, like these, who are currently in our care.
Thank you