UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April All Talking

Jazz

Thankyou everyone for the nice comments about my tat.... i am really pleased with it

Merledogs, i always had a rule, no tats below t-shirt sleeve level and all my others can be covered with trousers..... i did break my rule for this one, i had it on the inside of my wrist so i can always see it

Gooster, i like Ana and a very apt choice for your car being a steel grey colour

Yantan.... we will have to get you some red bull to keep you on your toes!

had a little note popped through my door this morning with my neighbours funeral date on it, i need to call the undertakers to find if it is flowers or donations. i have a lot to do today and i don't think i am going to get it all done!

nearly forgot to say i got my date through for 2 of my CT scans... monday! nothing like a bit of notice, have managed to get my top ear rings out and switch them for the plastic studs i got so hopefully i can leave those in now

Edited by griff

Barclays have written to me to inform me that they are changing the way they charge for overdrafts and will be charging me £3 per day for the privilege, ie £90 per month on my account which I've had since 1998. So much for loyalty :mad1: Guess they are relying on the fact that people tend to see switching banks as a big faff so won't bother.

Just switched to Nationwide FlexDirect account, no interest on overdraft for first 12 months, 50p per day thereafter (£15 per month), plus have given me a credit card with no interest on balance transfers for 26 months and on purchases for 12 months. In yer face Barclays :bootyshake:

Edited by merledogs

Cheesus Alex that's a stiff charge! No doubt in time to come people will be putting in to claim overdraft fees back when they are found to be extortionate by some regulatory body. I am with Smile (part of the Co-operative bank which hasn't had good press lately I know) they give me a fee free £500 overdraft on a current account so I am pretty happy with them. I wouldn't hesitate to change, as you have, if they piss me off though!

Good luck with those scans on Monday Griff :flowers: I shall be thinking of you.

Evie has just been picked up. We had a lovely morning. We had a little dance party, watched Jake And The Never Never Land Pirates and Sofia The First, climbed Mount Stairs several times with Eve taking the lead climber role and me following behind as Sherpa Tensing. We took a break on the stairs when the little 'un discovered a picture of some pussy cats and insisted on sitting on my knee whilst I miaowed every time she touched the picture. My street cred has gone for a burton now :rolleyes:

The van arrived to pick up my pencils and whilst I was shutting the gate and back door Eve hot-footed it through to the sitting room. When I arrived about 30 seconds later it was to discover that she had managed to pull her pot of chocolate pudding down and liberally apply it to herself, Archie and the carpet :ohno02: But oh when that kid smiles and laughs, which she does ALL the time, it fair melts my heart and I'm a goner.

I'm now in need of a cuppa and some lunch whilst I put my feet up for a while.

• Like 1

im sure archie cleaned the carpet for you

im in so much fkin agony today, but have been out and picked up a 'sun tent' for the dogs.

it took me 10 minutes to open shrink wrapped bones for these. they nearly had them wrapped lol

Banks are now starting to have a daily charge just for the facility of having an agreed overdraft limit on the account regardless of whether you use it or not - I know Halifax were thinking of going down that route and if they ever do that'll be me looking for another bank, I'm fortunate that at the moment I dont go into the overdraft that I have on my account but that hasn't always been the case and I am reluctant to not have it there "just in case" but I'll be buggered if I pay for having it there.

I've been hovering but not posting...OH developed a horrible cold/cough/fluey thing at the beginning of the week, and kindly passed it to me. My whole stomach hurts when I cough, I think I must have pulled a muscle or ten. Proves I have some, I suppose!

I love the tatt Griff...when my OH had his, I smothered it daily in cocoa butter, it didn't scab up at all. I know you are probably thinking bit short notice for your scans, but at least then they will be done and you'll know what's going on.

My daughter in law is having a c section on 15th April for her twins, they will be 36 weeks but the last scan showed the little girl's cord was getting a bit squashed by her brother, so they are getting em out early. Names will possibly be Jamie Alexander and Abigail. Well, Abby more likely.

banks are robbing gits end of! i am with natwest, they gave you £100 overdraft for free, no charge at all.... then they withdrew that free service and give you £10 for free and anything aftet that you get charged £6 for, i made a mistake and i went 60p over the £10 and got charged £6 for it! like others i don't often use my overdraft but need it there for stuff like big vet bills until the insurance coughs up, i did look at switching to nationwide but don't know if they will offer me an overdraft as i don't have an income from a job

Glad you survived mountaineering with Evie Yantan, lol@ her redecorating with yogurt

Suzeanna, good luck to your daughter... my mate her her twins at 36 weeks naturally and one was breech, both boys went to scbu but were home 2 weeks later, better safe than sorry in my opinion. Hope you feel better soon and the lurgy soon goes, you are right i am a bit narked about the scans and short notice... especially as i have just realized i will need to miss training.

just been to the vet and kota is 11.7 kilos now and i got a compliment on how well trained she was Lol.... she is the devil in disguise that dog...well trained my eye!

I think we spent almost 30 years living from month to month in two overdrafts and a credit card Alex and I am always waiting for t'other shoe to drop and ending up having to do that again hence not wanting to lose the facility, Rob's job is only a 3 year contract which runs out next year - if thats not renewed & he can't find another job we'll be back in the overdrafts pretty quickly.

Blimey Alex that is steep. I have about £2000 (or more) overdraft facility with natwest. I don't use it anymore, but like snow I like it there for the comfort feeling after having spent a lot of time there. It is so high as that is how they "help" students!!

For anyone having a tattoo, I recommend using buscopan as a great soother afterwards.... although Omar nearly sh*t a brick in Tesco when I headed for the baby aisle to get some! Assured him nappy rash cream was for the tattoo and nothing else :)