UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April All Talking

Jazz

I've spent since around 5 on Monday afternoon as a prisoner..sorry, patient...at the Royal. My swelling got worse, gp's rang them and they said come in, and on assessment I was told firmly I was staying. Lord I hate hospitals! People throwing up, moaning and groaning...still I suppose they would, as they are ill! Several doses of iv antibiotics and an aspiration following an ultrasound and I was passed fit to go home this morning. Bit naughty though...they said wait for the paperwork, no idea how long that would be. Philip got a half day off and said he could pick me up at 12, told them at 11.50 I was going at 12 come what may and did. The lady in the next bed had told me that one woman was told first thing she could go home and by the time the paper work was ready it was 7pm, no way was I sitting there all ruddy day.

I haven't read back, hope all people and animals are well.

I've spent since around 5 on Monday afternoon as a prisoner..sorry, patient...at the Royal. My swelling got worse, gp's rang them and they said come in, and on assessment I was told firmly I was staying. Lord I hate hospitals! People throwing up, moaning and groaning...still I suppose they would, as they are ill! Several doses of iv antibiotics and an aspiration following an ultrasound and I was passed fit to go home this morning. Bit naughty though...they said wait for the paperwork, no idea how long that would be. Philip got a half day off and said he could pick me up at 12, told them at 11.50 I was going at 12 come what may and did. The lady in the next bed had told me that one woman was told first thing she could go home and by the time the paper work was ready it was 7pm, no way was I sitting there all ruddy day.

I haven't read back, hope all people and animals are well.

Glad you have had things dealt with, Suzeanna.

My husband had a similer experience re waiting for discharge. He was told the night before he could go anytime

after 10am but when I arrived at 10.30am they said 'oh, we have ordered paracetamol for you by mistake. You will have to wait for it to come up from the pharamcy , which will be after 3pm.'

No chance. With a 100 mile journey home we were not hanging around indefinitely. He told them he was going now and had paracetamol at home if he needed it. The only problem was the computer wouldn't print off the discharge letter

until the drugs had been dispensed. So the nurse let him read it online so he would know what it said.

Glad to hear you are home and have been treated suzeanna. Hope it heals better now xxx

The nurse discharged me from my foot even though my blood levels wouldn't come up. We left the ward, out the lift and went woozy, had a sit down and some water and was ok after that. Meant I could recoup at home which is much more comfortable. xx

Flat should be finished by Friday.

Removers need to find some time to move us now...preferably before our time allocation on the temporary temporary accommodation expires. Unfortunately they can't move us before the weekend, but hopefully next week!

Edited by murtle