UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April All Talking

Jazz

Moaning :tired:

Well done to your boys, Merledogs.Doesn't it feel good when they show their best behaviour?

We have had grey, dismal mist all day until now, the sun has come out. A bit late in the day but better than nothing I suppose.

It does when the training pays off. I'd advise anyone with a dog to teach them a good strong (said in the voice of god) "LEAVE IT". It's been used to stop them chasing livestock and bicycles, barking at people when they walk past the car and also motorbikes which Taffy used to hate with a passion. Beau used to follow Taffy's lead but they are both such good boys now :wub: Wish I'd done it years ago when I first got them, would've made things so much easier.

The cows were in the field for the first time this year. God knows what sort of conditions they've been kept in over winter, they're in a sad state. Their skin is red raw and their bellies and legs caked in poo. So nice to see them out in the field with lots of long grass to munch on. Saw some cheeky jackdaws/magpies on some of the cows pecking off their fur to line their nests. Cheeky gits.

Might be worth popping in to A&E today Suzeanna - if you do need an ultrasound I'm sure they'd find a way for you to have one.

Baddies mouth seems to be getting better, initially I was astonished how quick the swelling in his mouth went down after the injections, but then I realised that he'd instead got a saggy almost "double chin" drooping down in the folds of his jowls, so I suspected the abscess had moved downwards and was pooling beneath the skin, albeit that it meant he seemed a lot more comfortable. A little later yesterday evening I found fresh blood on his bed and there was a fair bit of blood in his mouth and around the teeth (but no puss) which suggested that it was now draining. He'd also found a chew he'd hidden in his bed and had eaten that plus he wolfed down his tea. This morning the droopy skin has gone, and the swelling in his mouth is now just a bump rather than a hens egg sized lump. He's had his pills and metacam but has refused his breakfast of Butchers liver & bacon in gravy however he is mugging me for gravy bones lol He's also been rubbing the side of his face against the bed and against me whereas yesterday he was so sore he would barely let me even touch his head let along rub against me. So it looks like he's on the mend and I'll see if he'll let me have a look inside his mouth a bit later on. I've been wracking my brains to see if I could work out if anything might have set this off apart from tooth decay and on Friday I did give him a pork rawhide roll thing which he spent ages and ages chewing and gnawing at and thinking back it was that side of his mouth he had been using to do the gnawing so maybe he'd got something stuck there or forced under the gum line - if thats the case maybe he wont need a dental *fingers crossed*

• Like 1

I've been sleeping really badly the last few nights, got some Nytol and wonder of wonders, it worked! My boob looks awful and feels worse, so I have another appointment for 10 this morning. I'm praying it's not going to be a hospital job...my daughter peered at it yesterday and said she wouldn't be surprised if they needed to open it up again. :unsure:

I've been sleeping really badly the last few nights, got some Nytol and wonder of wonders, it worked! My boob looks awful and feels worse, so I have another appointment for 10 this morning. I'm praying it's not going to be a hospital job...my daughter peered at it yesterday and said she wouldn't be surprised if they needed to open it up again. :unsure:

thinking positive thoughts for you xxx