UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April All Talking

Jazz

hi, yes I did mean bepanthen. both start with a 'b' so close enough for this dyslexic lol. Also, my tattoo bloke put a ban on me using a numbing cream beforehand. a 4 hour session followed by a 3 hour session had me regretting listening to his advice!

I do plan to stick around hopefully. Been in Egypt for 2 years, but sadly there is too much tension and so little tourism that I have decided to come home, provided I can get Omar the necessary visa to come with me.

Jazz, I spent 10 years holidaying alone. Ive been to some wonderful places and met so many different people along the way. Its a bit daunting at first but it gets easier. It may even be worth paying a little extra at first to go with Solo or one of the single peoples holiday companys so you are with people in the same boat.

Could you not move to a different area in Egypt where there is more tourism and less tension?

Jazz, just because you are disabled doesn't mean you can't go on holiday. Many places cater for disabled people and it will state in the brochure if the hotel isn't suitable for people with mobility difficulties due to the number of steps/location on a hill or other reason. If you go and see your travel agent and explain what you want, they should be able to find something. My tip is though to go all inclusive so then you don't have to worry about taking much spending money and you know that all your food and drinks are sorted :)

A bird has pooed on Ana. I haven't even had her 24 hours yet :angry: :rolleyes: :laugh:

We were going to go out after the dogs had been to hydro, but my dad seems to be in one of his moods again. I nipped for a wee before taking them swimming and went downstairs to discover that dad and the dogs had gone. I nipped into the garage to see if he was in there, but he wasn't there. Mum suggested I look outside, so I saw him in the car waiting, but he had locked the front door, so I went back into the dining room to get my bag so I could unlock the front door and then he just zoomed off without me. He didn't tell me or mum that he was going, just buggered off. So I have come back home now to sort the landy out and get all my stuff out of him.

Tbh Suzeanna he's been a grumpy git for ages, he has just phoned me now and tried to blame me. I told him I was just having a wee and he could have asked me if I was planning on going to hydro so that he knew to wait for me. He just told me that I know what time we go swimming, so it's my own fault :angry: :rolleyes: He keeps getting urine infections at the moment, so has to have a few blood tests and stuff to make sure he's ok (but he's not booked them yet :rolleyes: ). I love him to bits but he does my head in at times. Since I have been spending more time at my house and less time with mum and dad, his behaviour just seems to be more odd than ever, I think just because I am not seeing him as often. Last night we had tea at the table, but dad sat and ate his in the front room on his own and didn't want to join us because he'd already sat down :unsure: I really feel sorry for my mum, because he's always moaning at her (mum is quite spontaneous and untidy - total opposite to my dad!). I think he needs some tablets to just lighten his mood a bit and make him more laid back, but there's no way he'll mention his stress and general grumpy git ways to the doctor :rolleyes:

The outlaws of Sherwood forest are having to take some time out after a deer-related incident yesterday evening. Deer is fine (and having a laugh with its mates), Wispa is fine though miffed at not being allowed to deal with the offender. I am laid up with badly wrenched and bruised shoulder, having hit a limestone track with some force. Roe and fallow have the sense to keep out of everyone's way, but the reds go belting around like runaway trains. Our forest cred leaves much to be desired as neither of us saw or scented the blighter coming until it whizzed past us. One of us did a vertical takeoff - and the other hit the deck. Luckily I was wearing a thickly padded body warmer.

I am pretty certain nothing is broken, and am reluctant to go to A&E as they won't be able to do much and it does seem to be a tad better today. If not improved tomorrow I will get it looked at.

@gooster, just caught up as I was posting at the time. Has your dad had his thyroid checked, as low thyroid levels can make people very grumpy and unpredictable?

Edited by owl

Gooster, that does sound really odd behaviour, what would happen if you just made the appointment for the blood tests and told him you had booked them as he had forgotten to do it? my dad can be a miserable tw*t but i just yell at him and tell him to sort himself out... he gobs off back but then all is well Lol. as for the urine infections, alex on here and my urologist told me to take cranberry tablets and i take the triple strength from holland and barret.... also pearl barley is good, you boil it up and strain the water off and keep it and drink it when it is cooled. if the infection is recurrent have they grown the cultures? mine is ecoli and only responds to oral nitrofurantonin but there are some IV ones that can be used, i now have to take antibiotics daily to stop it happening again, also it may be worth getting a referal to a urologist as he could have a stricture which needs sorting out... i did.

Owl, hope you are much better tomorrow, do you have some arnica? that should help with the bruising, hope nothing is torn

The doctors have said he needs to wait until his latest lot of a/b are out of his system before they can do his blood tests. They should have cultured the bacteria - I got the job of taking his sample to the doctors, only to discover they had given dad the wrong pot so I had to pour it into the correct pot :( When he rang for the results, he was told they only give out test results between 12 and 2. I don't think he bothered phoning back :rolleyes: He's such a mard arse when he's ill, but he tends to bury his head in the sand :unsure: He hasn't had his thyroid checked as far as I know. Hopefully they will run a full panel of bloods when he eventually gets round to going for them and then we'll know what's causing him to be a grumpy sod.

Take care of yourself Owl :flowers: My friend was pulled over in the wood by one of her dogs and went a week before she visited the doctor (at my nagging) He sent her straight to hospital and it turned out she'd completely buggered up her shoulder and had to have surgery. The medico's were very cross at her for waiting as she could have developed a blood clot with serious consequences.

Jayne your dad needs to sort himself out. His he going through the male menopause?

I went to the hozzy as both you Fugees and my german pointer group thought I should, and I have a minor collarbone fracture. No treatment needed other than rest, and I have appt at fracture clinic on Tues. A&E staff were not at all surprised, as deer-related accidents are not uncommon round here.