UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jack has had further blood tests, no improvement at all, his pancreatic levels are off the scale. He has constant flare ups when he won't eat, is restless at night and follows me around a lot. Last night he was very unhappy, let him out at 5am, when he came back in he didn't settle at all after and ended up under the bed. This is where he goes when he is frightened of something. He's also tucking himself into corners he doesn't usually use. About 7am he threw up and was hunched up in the middle after and didn't relax his posture at all, his gums were very pale. Took him to the vets and was given a pain killer shot and some ab's. There is a mast cell tumour somewhere but it would take an MRI to find it, I would not put him through that though, he doesn't travel well and is a stresshead. His vet said I should be thinking about his quality of life now as the flare ups are getting worse and more frequent. The decision is getting nearer but harder to make. I don't want to wait for a crisis, if I do I've let him down.

This is so hard!