UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sad News

kats n greys

He's ok, full amputation including his scapula, he's staying in tonight as she's had to give him some ketamine. The vet will phone later to tell us how he is progressing.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts they are much appreciated.

When we do amputations here we remove the scapula as we have found it heals much quicker ,

Mark and I are online most days via facebook messenger if you need any thing at all from us

Sam x

• Like 1

Apologies that it's taken me so long to update.

Lloyd has finally settled for more than 10 mins and we took the opportunity to have a nap.

He has been restless all night and most of the day, he's as you would expect been panting and whining nearly all the time, we were worried enough to phone the on-call vet at 2-30am - they said we could give him some more of his Tramadol to see it that helped. Eventually he staggered to his feet with a horrible scream at 4-30 and we managed to gradually get him outside to see if he needed to wee, we thought just being outside would be enough, but Lloyd had other ideas, he wanted to go to his normal spot, down five steps (luckily the only ones as we have, so we eventually got him down and asked him if he wanted to go, which resulted in Ray getting a filthy look until he removed the towel and then cue two shrieks as he took off swaying all over towards his favourite fence post- shrieks turned to sighs as he did his 1st wee.

Finally the whining was reduced and the effort was enough to send him to sleep for 30mins his longest period.

Unfortunately Kodi has been hyper-aware of Lloyd and although we tried to get him to relax in the bedroom, he almost matched Lloyd in his whining along with some pacing.

Eventually today we contacted the vets and got some Gabapentin, as we'd noticed his wound was twitching so thought this might be contributing to his distress- this seems to have helped and for the 1st time he settled down to sleep.
The good news is that he's eating well (except if he thinks your hiding tablets), he's now wee'd three times and he's just stood up for the first time without a scream.

A few years back I did a course of Reiki..to be perfectly honest I didn't see how it could work and didn't really bother to follow it up, but I have found when Dylan has a painful back if I put my hands just above him..not touching..and make gentle sweeping motions from his body away into the air, thinking hard all the time relax, feel better, it really helps him. That's all Reiki is, if you read about it! Wouldn't hurt to try it..just "stroke" him from head to tail, not touching him, and think positive thoughts and talk to him gently. Might help, can't do any damage. He's probably terribly confused as well as hurting, poor lad. I hope he soon feels more like his old self.

• Like 1

We've taken Lloyd to the vet this morning as his leg has swollen-

Wound photo's below:-

Tuesday

Lloydafterop_zps3e5951e6.jpg

Today

Swollenleg_zpsfe0d54cb.jpg

He did hop into the van- with just his back end slightly supported - causing Ray and I to shriek.

The vets have said there isn't anything to worry about, although as it's warm they have given us some antibiotics.

They are astounded by how well he's doing - and are really happy that he is proving them all wrong!!

Please can we get off this roller-coaster please.

Alicia I'm afraid you just need to strap into the roller coaster now but it does get easier. I swear on occasion Nog was working on my hair turning white to save me the cost of highlights lol glad to see Lloyd at home (((hugs)))

• Like 1