UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Thanks Fugees. Might post about it another time. I am not taking it so personally now, after a member of my beagle group was similarly dealt with when peacefully walking her hound. It's being a woman on your own. People can speak to you in a way they would never dare if you had a male companion with you, and if you have either a timid or a reactive dog with you there is no way you can risk an ongoing argument. You have to get off the scene and leave the nasty person feeling smug.

I have had a letter from the planning department. Lousy neighbours did not even have the decency to withdraw their complaint when I removed the timber pod from garden, so planning officer wants to make an appointment to inspect the site. Now should just phone him and explain, or say nothing and let him come and find nothing there, and let him tell neighbours they are time wasters? Will have a think. Mostly inclined to tell him direct, and suggest he writes to the neighbours to ask if their complaint still stands.

Love, love, love the t-shirt Mommy Bear :laugh:

Owl please don't let nasty folk get to you. You are worth so much more than that :GroupHug: I've had so many encounters with idiots when out walking dogs. Being a big bruiser with a temper people tend to wish they hadn't started with me as I won't be intimidated and I won't back down. I don't fly right off the bat but if they insist on pushing it I push back.

Jayne HAPPY BIRTHDAY :flowers:

Thank you guys - had a pretty run of the mill Sunday. Took the dogs to hydro, then my uncle came round to see me, then I went to spin, sorted Blue out and then went home. Had an early night as I was up early this morning for spin again :)

Am looking forward to having a couple of days off together on Thursday and Friday - hopefully I won't get a list of jobs to do like I did last week when I was off work :rolleyes:

love love love that tee shirt

Owl as much as I am a tree hugging zen buddhist squirrel I do think a lot of peoples do need to be told

A) Your confusing me with someone who give a f*** what you think

B) Off is the general direction in which I would like you to f***

and my ( and Grandma Squirrels ) personal favourite for when time is short and we need to be clear and concise

C ) f*** OFF

Sam

P.s sometimes I think my inner zen squirrel might have rabies !

• Like 2

I went to see the sports therapist at my gym - he was 25 quid and battered me from head to toe in the name of mending me. I still have bruises on my bum cheeks to prove it :laugh: there may be something similar at your local council run sports facility. Failing that you could have a trek over here - it's not too far from you and there is a garden centre just off the motorway :ninja:

• Like 1

Alex, do your work have an occupational therapist? would they be able to help you? also, on groupon down here we quite often have offers for musculoskeletal assesssments and treatment, also osteopaths and chiropracters

hope you had a nice meal Jazz

Lol Gooster, i was just chuckling at you with bruises on your bum!!!

lol HLGS..... i like your grandmas sayings... i think along the same lines myself

got a lift to training off my mums mate tonight...... got there and the building was locked so we all had to go home! the trainer who was bringing the harness's to try on kota didn't make it either so we don't know what size she needs.... will have to order online and hope for the best!

we have had a lovely day, but its tinged with sadness, as tomorrow will be 3 years that I lost my darling golden retriever lissie

when I heard about mouse, it was an omen that she was born the day lissie took ill

mouse is so lovely and 'meant to be' and you know the saga with albert, they are both very special. im so happy that mother got to meet mouse, trudy and lissie