UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

I would say you need to get on top of the rat situation ASAP Alex - they can be destructive little buggers - I get rats living in Blue's tack room from time to time. They actually burrow through the concrete floor :unsure: :rolleyes:

Hair has been done - am pleased with it. Am so glad I found Charlotte to do my hair. Yes it means trekking to Alderley Edge every 8 weeks, but she knows what she is doing and we always have a nice chat too :)

I've got my car back. It cost £40 in labour charges to strip out the old belt and fit the new one so the total with my £15 eBay bargain for a rear seatbelt replacement was £55 :biggrin: Compare that to the £200 it would have cost had I gone for the new seal belt!

For Alex - nearest I could get to one in your garden!

http://youtu.be/4u9a6l54idU

• Like 2

i like rats..... however if they come in my house or damage my gear then it is all out war, hope you get it sorted Merledogs

Yantan, that doesn't seem to bad and at least you have your car back

Jazz, hope your inspection went well

Gooster, i agree a good hairdresser is worth their weight in gold

hospital trip results in a refusal for surgery at the moment until i get myself sorted out and i have to have............. another CT scan Lol, i am going to be radioactive at this rate. does anyone know if you can have a ct done with earrings in as i have 5 lots and the last ones have only just settled down and i really don't want to remove them.

Suzeanna, i have everything crossed for you and your OH tomorrow... big hugs sent your way

Anyone know the best way to humanely kill a rat? The Council will send someone in for free to sort the problem, but they will undoubtedly use the bait that takes two weeks to kill them. I'm thinking rat trap might be the best option? Seriously the thought of killing anything makes me really upset, but if I trap them and take them elsewhere, they will just turn into someone else's problem.

i like rats..... however if they come in my house or damage my gear then it is all out war, hope you get it sorted Merledogs

hospital trip results in a refusal for surgery at the moment until i get myself sorted out and i have to have............. another CT scan Lol, i am going to be radioactive at this rate. does anyone know if you can have a ct done with earrings in as i have 5 lots and the last ones have only just settled down and i really don't want to remove them.

Suzeanna, i have everything crossed for you and your OH tomorrow... big hugs sent your way

metal can interfere with the images so you have to remove it.

hmmmm rat traps don't always result in death, sometimes they can still be alive in the trap or in our case with a mouse the poor little devil was caught by the wrists. with the bait you have to be really careful with your dogs and cats and other wildlife, they also have a tendency to sneak off and die in very incovenient places that you can't retrieve them from (in our case under the floorboards and we had to pull up most of the lounge and hall floorboards)

Thanks Yantan, i had to remove my jewelry last time but didn't know if you could get away with 1 small pair of sleepers

nooooooooooooo - I have been out to the garage which WAS at one stage tidy but since then has had umpteen other bits put in it, fought my way from the back door to the lift up door to get something and I have a rat in there (or maybe more than one, going by the piles of poo)............. moved the caravan right up to the garage for some shelter in the storms as it was rocking away on the driveway so cannot open the up and over door till I move it back ................ oh joy, guess the clean up will have to be started tomorrow after work.

• Like 1

the man came, I said do you have to do this as it should have been done when the kitchen and bathroom was done a year ago

he said 'it was me that did it!'

he wasnt happy being called here again

so I got up at 7am for him to be here minutes, but saved the dogs being in the garden in the cold for ages

Griff, could you maybe cover your sleepers with a bit of sticking plaster? I haven't had a CAT scan but when I had an mri for my knee they said if you have an underwired bra on take it off, as the magnets will pull the wires out! What surgery do they want to do?

I always remember when we lived at the place before this, we had a baby rat in the kitchen which managed to get into the back of the cooker. We took the back off, rat jumped out and landed in the box our cat Star was sitting in. Star took one look and legged it! My daughter managed to get a cover over the box and took it and rat down to the local park and let it out. If it had landed next to Star's sister, it would be been curtains, she was a brilliant mouser.

I've read up all I can about things for tomorrow, so I'm not going to sound as if I've made a decision on a whim...if they give me the pathology report, which I understand they should, I can check it against the Van Nuys prognostic index, which adds up scores to tell you how likely it is to recur.

Griff, could you maybe cover your sleepers with a bit of sticking plaster? I haven't had a CAT scan but when I had an mri for my knee they said if you have an underwired bra on take it off, as the magnets will pull the wires out! What surgery do they want to do?

I always remember when we lived at the place before this, we had a baby rat in the kitchen which managed to get into the back of the cooker. We took the back off, rat jumped out and landed in the box our cat Star was sitting in. Star took one look and legged it! My daughter managed to get a cover over the box and took it and rat down to the local park and let it out. If it had landed next to Star's sister, it would be been curtains, she was a brilliant mouser.

I've read up all I can about things for tomorrow, so I'm not going to sound as if I've made a decision on a whim...if they give me the pathology report, which I understand they should, I can check it against the Van Nuys prognostic index, which adds up scores to tell you how likely it is to recur.

Good luck tomorrow Suzeanna. the waiting is always the worst time.